Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18th June 2009
BS.player Regular User

PHNX is on a distinguished road
Default [SOLVED] Trackbar: Bug or Design?

Im not sure whether this is really a bug or by design so i better ask: Is it normal that 2.41 versions do not actually advance the video stream anymore when you use the trackbar?

To be more precise; with earlier versions, when you moved the trackbar with the mouse, then the video would actually go to the new position analog to your dragging of the bar. That way you could keep dragging the bar until youd find the spot you are looking for. Now when you drag the bar nothing happens until you let go of the mouse button. This is only so in non-fullscreen mode though, in fullscreen mode the trackbar works as always. (Thats why im not sure whether this is a bug or by design.) So can anyone perhaps shed some light on this? I really preferred the old behaviour by far, because having to switch into fullscreen just to scan through a video is somewhat, well, tedious. (No offense intended, its just how i feel about it.)

Anyone?
Old 18th June 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

New behaviour confirmed!
Thx for reporting!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 18th June 2009
BS.player Regular User

Darn, it seems to be a feature. (Hence by design after all.)

Quote:
Improved:
  • playback of YouTube streams, fixed
  • changed playback seek behaviour for all multimedia files and streams (playback will continue only after the mouse button is released)
  • problems with some Vorbis radio streams, fixed
  • ML > 'Remove non-existant entries' would also remove web radios, fixed
  • if audio file with the same name as video is present it will be automatically loaded
  • problem with cycle audio stream option in AVI files, fixed
  • double clicking one the same file second time didn't reopen it, fixed
Wouldnt it be possible to make this optional instead? (After all in fullscreen it still works the old way too.) Like i said, being able to scan through a video via the trackbar is an immensely valuable feature, so just disabling it completely in favor of the new method would actually make BSP less good than it was before as a very useful feature would no longer be there...
Old 18th June 2009
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazor View Post
Darn, it seems to be a feature. (Hence by design after all.)
Wouldnt it be possible to make this optional instead? ...
I would support this. Others?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 6th July 2009
BS.Player Master

Option added in version 242.1005 beta!
Old 6th July 2009
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
Option added in version 242.1005 beta!
Nice!

But where can a mere unprivileged user like me get it?

I would really like to give it a shot,...
Old 6th July 2009
BS.Player Master

Download your favourite media player - BS.Player FREE and PRO - here - BS.Player.com
Old 6th July 2009
BS.player Regular User

Ah, so the Betas are right in the regular downloads.

(I never noticed that before.)

Thanks!
Old 6th July 2009
BS.player Regular User

Optional SeekMode works great now, good job BSP Team!

But unfortunately i have to report another newly introduced bug.

I have posted it here.

Tags
design, trackbar