Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 4th February 2010
BS.Player Newbie

perdoono is on a distinguished road
Default missing features of BSPlayer

Hi, please add some new variables to BSPlayer for SKIN-creators... some other variables, please... I need other variables for my SKIN (not in OSD info, but to SKIN):

Video codec:
------------
-codec ID & codec name (XviD, DivX, MPEG1, MPEG2 v1-3, WMV, FLV, etc.)
-type of compression
-quality of compression (bitrate)

Audio codec:
------------
-codec ID & codec name
-type of compression
-info about audio-chanels (detailed for AC3 codec and/or for mp3 codec -> joint stereo, stereo, mono, double stere, dolby, etc.)
-number of included audio tracks (dubbing audio tracks in movie)
-bitrate
-sample frequency

......becasue I need know what's codec using when I'm watching some movies in BSPlayer

THX a very much !
Old 4th February 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

[Alt]/[3] opens Media-info window
(or rightclick > Options > Media info)

Codec(s)/filter(s) used by BS.Player for playback of a specific file can be established by
(rightclick >) Options > Filters > Advanced
(Clicking on the [+]-signs reveals further info and access)
If you e.g. see that ffdshow is used for video and/or audio:
1. click on the [+] in front of "ffdshow Video/Audio Decoder"
2. then click on ffdshow resp. ffdshow audio
3. select the box "OSD" below "Info & CPU"
(Other decoders may have similar options)

Do you really want to see all that info and - at the same time - still watch the movie?
So, what is the size of your skin vs. size of movie-window? Or do you want to display movie on one screen and the controlpanel with all that info on another?
(There are several programs (<>players) more appropriate for the task of providing info on media; e.g. read item (3) of my Help2Help-post).

I think you're pretty unique in your 'wish list'. In this connection I would invite other users with similar wishes to let the developers (which I'm not; I'm just a user like you) know so by adding their posts to this thread.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 4th February 2010
BS.Player Newbie

THX... but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
[Alt]/[3] opens Media-info window
(or rightclick > Options > Media info)
- please, not "media info" by pressing keys (I do know about this)

Quote:
1. click on the [+] in front of "ffdshow Video/Audio Decoder"
2. then click on ffdshow resp. ffdshow audio
- please, not FFDSHOW (filter of codecs)

Quote:
3. select the box "OSD" below "Info & CPU"
- please, not OSD !!!!!

Quote:
Do you really want to see all that info and - at the same time - still watch the movie?
- no all my requests, I need see video-codec and audio-codec of movie in SKIN (I need see it !)

Quote:
(There are several programs (<>players) more appropriate for the task of providing info on media; e.g. read item (3) of my Help2Help-post)
- BSPlayer is very pretty software for movie watching
- I don't want other software than BSPlayer
- for detailed info of movies I use "GSpot" utility

Quote:
I think you're pretty unique in your 'wish list'. In this connection I would invite other users with similar wishes to let the developers (which I'm not; I'm just a user like you) know so by adding their posts to this thread.
- my select of thread is OK -> "FEATURE REQUESTS"

- for example (edited screenshot of "NightRider_03Apr2006" SKIN) :

Old 4th February 2010
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by perdoono View Post
......becasue I need know what's codec using when I'm watching some movies in BSPlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by perdoono View Post
- please, not FFDSHOW (filter of codecs) ....
- no all my requests, I need see video-codec and audio-codec of movie in SKIN (I need see it !)....
- for example (edited screenshot of "NightRider_03Apr2006" SKIN) :

To be sure: do you want the skin to show the codec originally used for encoding the movie or are you interested in showing the filter(s)/codec(s) used by BS.Player to decode the moviefile? What exactly do you want to be able to be shown in the skin (and -meanwhile very curious- why)?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 4th February 2010
BS.Player Newbie

I need to see 4CC getting from video file (from movie), displayed on my SKIN
( FourCC: GSpot Supported Video Codecs )

FFDSHOW is not (A/V) codec
FFDSHOW is filter of many codecs
I need to see FourCC (ID-code of codec)
I don't need to see FFSHOW filter (tree type structure about video output)

...there is screenshot as EXAMPLE (accentuated with red colour)

Quote:
(and -meanwhile very curious- why)?
Because I need always info about A/V files:
-to support for desktop (or mobile) Multimedia Players (DVD Player, MP3 Player, mobile phone, PDA, etc.)
-for converting to some web servers with file hosting
-etc.

I need to see immediately always info about video quality and about video codec. For these informations is much place on BSPlayer SKINs, why don't add of these variables to BSPlayer ? Why ? Hmm...

Last edited by perdoono; 4th February 2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 4th February 2010
BS.Player Master

So the straight answer (without ado) is that you want the skin to be able to show the codecs originally used for encoding.

(You indeed posted this in the correct (i.e. feature requests) forum.)
Old 12th June 2010
BS.Player Newbie

kido.resuri is on a distinguished road

well this could be done with a plugin, but not in the skin, only a new window (which could be made to stick to the main window, so it could follow it, etc when you move it). A new window could even be skinned if you don't like the normal window's style maybe.

Tags
features, missing