Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 24th January 2011
BS.Player Newbie

JN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Weighted random playlist

Recently I played some music videos for my friends. I had the playlist prepared before and played it randomly. I think I'd like to have this feature:

- I'd like to play a few videos preferentially, but still randomly. It's called weighted random.
- Every line in playlist could have optional attribute Weight (1-99, default 1), which causes higher probability of playing than the others.
- The playtlist could look like this:

Video1.avi
Video2.avi #5
Video3.avi #5
Video4.avi #20
Video5.avi
Video6.avi

It means, that the most probable played first are Video 4, then 2 and 3 and then the others. Value 99 means the highest probability. Explicit probability falls with total number of files. But still it's a probability, nothing can guarantee, that the file won't be played last.
The feature that all files must be played before repeating, remains unchanged.

What do you think ?

Tags
playlist, random, weighted