Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 4th September 2003
BS.player Regular User

HaPpO-Busti is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Error when i'm trying to go to config menu with divx 5.1

Since i have installed divx 5.1, bs player crashes when i open the config menu while playing a video, but if i go to previous versions of divx, the problem is solved. Maybe a future version of bs player will solve it?
Old 4th September 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

What version/build are you presently using?
The latest is version 86 build 501.
(Install 500 http://www.bsplayer.org/dlfile.php?s...lay086.500.exe
and subsequently place the two substituting files and 1 additional file of build 501 http://www.bsplayer.org/dlfile.php?fname=bsplay.zip in its installation directory).
I've had no problems with this build (501) and version 5.0.5 of divx (I ain't using version 5.1 yet; it only appeared this week!)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 5th September 2003
BS.player Regular User

Thanks for the advice. I'll try. I'm currently using build 500. BTW, how do you know about build 501? I didn't hear of that.
Old 5th September 2003
BS.player Regular User

I have tried it with build 501 and divx 5.1 but the program has the same error than before. It happens when i try to go to config menu while playing a video file:

BSPlayer v0.86.501, Unhandled exception at EIP: 1C403817
If you click 'Close' application will be terminated.
Please report this info to the author with description what were you doing.
Access violation at address 1C403817 in module 'divxdec.ax'. Write of address 00000000
EAccessViolation
, 0x004CA61B, 0x004CA895, 0x004526D3, 0x00449D3E, 0x77E3A244, 0x77E145E5, 0x77E15B51, 0x004DDCB2, 0x77EA847C

(Note: I have tried it with two different computers, but the error persists)
Old 5th September 2003
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Last time when divx changed interface bsplayer acted the same. Maybe is the same problem this time. A bsplayer problem.
Old 7th September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

BenitoCamelasBolas is an unknown quantity at this point

u have the "ignore divx4" option checked?
Old 7th September 2003
BS.Player Master

http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?p=6658#6658
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 8th September 2003
BS.player Regular User

ajaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, same problem here, nothing helps
Old 8th September 2003
BS.Player Master

What I did (I was so fortunate to have another PC, where I didn't upgrade DivX) was simply search (through [Start]) for the file divxdec.ax.
Then I renamed it (make sure when doing so there is no player active so that this .ax could be in use), e.g. to Xdivxdec.ax. Subsequently I placed the divxdec.ax file from my other computer in that same (system) directory.
You may use the same file as I used (as attached).
(You will first have to unzip it and after having placed it in the (system) directory where you found your newer version, you will have to rename it to divxdec.ax by removing the numbers in front of its name which indicate its version.
Mind you: by first renaming your existing file (instead of removing or overwriting it), you can later at any time "undo" your "downgrading" and activate your newer DivX-version again.

(P.S.: If I remember correctly, I first had to restart my computer before it worked)

See my post furtheron of Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:21 am (Attachment removed!)
Old 8th September 2003
BS.player Regular User

the older version of divx codec did not make that problem, but the new one does. I dont think that we should install older version ov Divx, its better to download a newer version of BSP, compatible with hte codecs' versions
Old 8th September 2003
BS.Player Master

OK, a very legitimate choice you made! You will then have to wait till bst has adapted this of course.
Mind you, it can repeat itself later (the same phenomenon has already occurred with earlier versions of DivX) if you upgrade to yet an newer version of DivX.
I personally feel that it not necessary to keep up 100% with all new DivX-releases which appear, as it also takes a while before such new codec is actually used in practice for encoding movies. People that encode movies also know that loads of people do not always upgrade on a regular basis, so they take that into account as well.
Old 8th September 2003
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
OK, a very legitimate choice you made! You will then have to wait till bst has adapted this of course.
Mind you, it can repeat itself later (the same phenomenon has already occurred with earlier versions of DivX) if you upgrade to yet an newer version of DivX.
I personally feel that it not necessary to keep up 100% with all new DivX-releases which appear, as it also takes a while before such new codec is actually used in practice for encoding movies. People that encode movies also know that loads of people do not always upgrade on a regular basis, so they take that into account as well.
you are quite right! thats why newer and newer program versions appear, there must have a progress :) anyway, think that BSP should not be codec dependant in such a deep way :)

anyway BSP is the best player, i will never substitute it with another program

About the Divx, i hope this encoder will dissapear soon, leaving space to XVid :)

Old 8th September 2003
BS.Player Master

I've meanwhile understood that the problem has been solved in the latest nightly 501 build
http://www.bsplayer.org/dlfile.php?fname=bsplay.zip
(Still have to try it myself)

(Will remove my attachment anyhow, so that people are not tempted without there still being a valid reason for using an older DivX)

Tags
config, divx, menu