Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 26th September 2004
BS.player Regular User

Dennis_Olof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default File or network cache ?

Hi.

I have been using BSplayer for a long time now, it's just great. Loads fast and playback is perfect. Forget Windows Media Player, before I found out about BSplayer I used Windows Media Player 6.4 (never 7.0 and above).

A while ago I had problems with my operatingsystem, since I play a lot of files (streamed) over the network I though the problem would go away if I used BS Player Pro with network cache. I tried it and it fixed the problem of jerky playback however the "cache" function didnt work the way it was supposed to, probably a bug. Anyway after re-installing my server (other computer) and my own, playback no works fine with ordinary BSplayer. So I dont need the pro version.

No to my request, instead of the Pro version where you can set the size of cache and so on, why not make a permanent change to the ordinary BS player, and by that I mean, inplementing a permanent "memory cache" with playback from any media Instead of having a file cache.

Im thinking something like (256Kb cache or 512 in RAM) so that playback from cd-rom (or dvd-rom), network, or just local harddrive will work better. Some systems sometimes do lots of disk functions, cache or whatever the operating system is up to and it makes playback jerky sometimes.

That would make playback a bit better and most systems have extra memory to spare :)

Just a though, otherwise BS player is a dream. It's the best :]

:D
Old 28th September 2004
Administrator
BS.Player Power User

Mat2000 will become famous soon enough

Network file buffering
Bsplayer Pro will buffer desired portion of a file to a cache, and play it from cache instead of playing it directly from drive. You can buffer from cd drives, network drives, wireless networks... No more laggy playback!

Only avaible in BSplayer PRO vesion.

You can order it here.
Old 13th October 2004
BS.Player Newbie

mitrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buffer doesn't seem to be working

Yes, I bought Pro and applied the key. Unfortunately however, when trying to play a VOB over a wireless network, my "Buffer Status" is never updating. I've tried setting my cache size to various sizes, but its not working. Any thoughts?
Old 15th October 2004
BS.player Regular User

Dennis_Olof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Donno

Sorry I dont know.

I only tried out BSplayer Pro in order to test the "network cache" function since my playback over network to and from "lagged" behind so the picture and sound went jerky for 1-2 seconds and so on.

But after re-installing my server and my ordinary computer (with XP) it now works fine with ordinary BSplayer so I guess it was some other problem. Bad XP install or something else.

I still think the "cache" function in PRO version is wrong and not working.

But I could be wrong.

:?
Old 5th December 2004
BS.Player Newbie

ccaprar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buffer not working

Seems like the network buffer is not working at all. As soon as I enable it and start a movie, the player crashes.

Anyone who saw this working? Reading other posts here, seems like no one made it work ... which is a shame.
Old 29th December 2004
BS.player Regular User

private is an unknown quantity at this point

any updates on the cache issue?
Old 31st December 2004
BS.Player Newbie

mitrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Known issue

I was told that this is a known issue and they are working on it for a future release. Unfortunately, I bought the pro version BECAUSE of the advertisement for this feature, so I definitely feel like this product was misrepresenting itself.
Old 25th January 2005
BS.player Regular User

rseiler is an unknown quantity at this point

There are multiple threads about the network buffer insta-crash issue. No word on when a fix is coming?

Tags
cache, network