Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 31st July 2005
BS.player Regular User

alexp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to load a subtitle using BS Player

I am new with BSPlayer but so far I loved it. I am trying to find a way to have subtitle with movie. I am watching AVI movies on my TV but had no clue how to load subtitles to BSPlayer.

I have complete subtitle files but not sure what to do with them.

I'd appreciate any help.
Old 31st July 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately you fail to mention the type of your subtitles.
In this connection please read item (9) of my Help2Help-post (a.k.a. "READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING") with respect to which subtitle-files BSPlayer supports natively.
If it is e.g. a Subrip (.srt) subtitle-file, it can be loaded manually after having loaded the video-file, by a right-click followed by selection of "Load subtitles" ...etc. (Most skins also have a button for this.)
However, if a subtitle-file is placed in the same folder as the movie-file and has the same name as the movie (except for the file-extension of course), you need not do so, as it will then load automatically (unless you've disabled subtitles under (rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles.
If subtitles are correctly loaded (either automatically or manually) some skins (control panel) will show the name of the subtitle-file.
If filename is shown there, BSPlayer has recognized it (and able to play).
If in spite of that still no subtitles appear please check setting under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Video > [Video rendering]
Try a different mode; e.g. no overlay or "Use overlay Mode 1".
Any difference? Other settings to check are those under Options > Preferences > Subtitles (e.g. "Draw subtitles to Overlay surface").
Also it could be of interest to check (with movie loaded) under
(rightclick >) Options > Filters > Advanced
what codec/filter is actually used to show your movie (as there might be a conflict as some are also able to display subtitles as mentioned in item (9) of my Help2Help-post.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 31st July 2005
BS.player Regular User

Thanks Peter. I have found Help2Help-post after posting this question.

My subtitle files are .sub and .idx with the same name with video file but BSPlayer could not load it. I have tried subtitle from preference menu but was gray. Also both DivX properties are also gray, I'll try to update Divx codecs and see if it helps.

Just installed Divx 5.2.0 but still no subtitle or Divx property available. Also installed XviD-1.0.2-29082004 _Final Release as movie that I am trying to have subtitle with is in xvid format. But no subtitle :-(

I have also tried all of your suggestions, already.

I hope this helps and you can provide some more help.
Old 31st July 2005
BS.Player Master

http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?p=20292#20292
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 31st July 2005
BS.player Regular User

Thanks very much Peter. I have searched for Vobsub, to be honest not sure what to install to be able to have subtitle with BS Player. They mentioned DirectView and subitle, I do not wish to use any other players.

I love BSPlayer. Could you let me know where to get Vobsub?
Old 31st July 2005
BS.Player Master

I don't use VobSub myself (as I almost exclusively use text-based .srt subtitles which are plentyfull available at the 60+ subtitle sites as mentioned in my Help-2-Help-post (occasionally I've converted a picture-based subtitle into a .srt subtitle, using SubRip).
However, I think you can find vobsub easily using e.g. Google or another search engine, e.g.:
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/DirectVobSub.htm
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...s/VobSub.shtml

Couldn't you perhaps find the subtitles for your movie in a text-based sub-format at any of the 60+ sites?
Old 31st July 2005
BS.player Regular User

Thanks a lot Peter. I have tried to find the subtitle for the movie that I wish to watch first but it was not listed. Then tried and installed VobSub from second link. it was easy as I did not change anything on BSPlayer at all, it will display subtitle as soon as I play the movie on TV screen. Of course I did follow sugesstions and made some minor setting based on FAQ and Forum threds.

Thanks again :-)

Tags
load, player, subtitle