Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 9th August 2005
BS.Player Newbie

hem_ker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Programming a remote...

I'm new to the BSplayer world and am not a programmer,

The only problem is that I would really like to use the remote control I have with BSplayer (wincinema remote used for WinDVD), but I don't know how to program my computer so BSplayer recognizes it's keys.

From other forums I've read I'm sure there are some registry settings that would need to be modified.

Just the basic functions is what I'm looking for...

Play, pause, Stop, FFWD, RWD, Next Chapter, Prior Chapter and volume up and down would probably do the trick for my purposes.

Any help would be most apprecaited! Like I said I'm not a programmer, but with a little help maybe I can get there.

Thanks for anyone's assistance!
Old 9th August 2005
BS.Player Power User

RafkeP is an unknown quantity at this point

I forgot to reply to your other post; sorry about that.

When someone says "remote control" I immediatly think of "Girder", imo the best software for remote controlling other software.
I've looked through the Girder forums and found that the Wincinema remote is not supported.

So I think if it was easy to do, it would have been supported by Girder.

I don't have a wincinema remote myself so I can't check anything.

It looks to me that this is a remote control specificly designed to work with WinDVD. WinDVD is probably written to directly communicate with the remote without using standard windows components such as "keyboard shortcuts" or "messages".
If that's the case chances are very small that you could ever control another program with it.

Then again: it's just my feeling and I could be completely wrong :D

If you want an alternative I suggest you make yourself one of those DIY IR remote controls. That one can be used which almost every IR remote control available. Total cost of the receiver is below 5$.
Then you can use it to control BSPlayer via WinLIRC (free) or Girder (37$ but better)
I have collected the neccessary information about this one my website over here
It's an old page which probably needs some reworking, but the schematics and principles are still valid.

Rafke P.
Old 10th August 2005
BS.Player Newbie

hem_ker is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info. That's what I needed to know...

Ryan

Tags
programming, remote