Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Change the Yahoo! Messenger status (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=7401)

silvium 15th April 2006 04:17 PM

Change the Yahoo! Messenger status

Can somehow BSPlayer change the Yahoo! Messenger status with the movie that I'm watching? (e.g. "I'm watching Ice Age 2"). With a plug-in maybe?

Thanx!

Tizio 15th April 2006 07:13 PM

RafkeP made a plugin for MSN, so I think he can write one for yahoo.. I didn't saw him recently on the forum, but maybe he will read this message and will write the plugin for you :wink:

RafkeP 15th April 2006 09:01 PM

What do you mean: haven't seen him recently ?
I drop by at least once a week to read all those silly posts about the WhenU thing :D

Now, more on topic ...
I wrote the MSN plugin because I found a lot of information on how that personal message works.
If I can find similar information aout Yahoo messenger it will probably not be too much work to make a new plugin.

For the moment I'm working on something new for BSplayer (well not strictly BSplayer, other media players can use it too, but I think it will be the easiest with BSplayer (it's still the most versatile)).
This project will take at least 3 more weeks.
Once that is finished I will have a look at Yahoo messenger.

If in the mean time anyone else should feel the urge to write a yahoo plugin, don't let me hold you back :D

I'll keep you all posted.
Rafke P.

Tizio 16th April 2006 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RafkeP
What do you mean: haven't seen him recently ?
I drop by at least once a week to read all those silly posts about the WhenU thing :D

Hi Rafke!! :D
Glad to see you here again :)
I never seen your name in the logged users in last 2 months, so I wrote that I haven't seen you recently :wink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RafkeP
For the moment I'm working on something new for BSplayer (well not strictly BSplayer, other media players can use it too, but I think it will be the easiest with BSplayer (it's still the most versatile)).
This project will take at least 3 more weeks.

Can you tell me what are you working on? :shock:
I'm really curious :P

alexu 18th April 2006 10:49 AM

silvium, try this:

http://numedecod.ro/hyperYM.php

its the best :) :idea:

adicoto 18th April 2006 02:17 PM

I surely will give a try. Romanian programming, good stuff. :)

RafkeP 18th April 2006 08:17 PM

Let me know how it works out for you.
It could save me quite some time :D

But I'm not going to promise you that I'm not going to make a plugin :wink:

adicoto 18th April 2006 09:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Seems that for now it slows down a lot YM. The message appears in upper window some 2 secs after pressing enter. But it's working, displaying the video file name, length and local hour. After some editing (it display by default also the URL for the program). And it also displays the position in the current file (just before the name of the file).

codename 19th April 2006 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto
Seems that for now it slows down a lot YM. The message appears in upper window some 2 secs after pressing enter. But it's working, displaying the video file name, length and local hour. After some editing (it display by default also the URL for the program). And it also displays the position in the current file (just before the name of the file).

It doesn't slow down YM, it just takes 1.5 seconds until the update timer first fires up. You have more macros available around there, ofcourse... that was just a initial demo status example you used. You can also delete the URL, it doesn't display anything by default, just the exact status that it is given to it.

adicoto 19th April 2006 10:12 PM

Let's call it then delay, ok ? Not slow down.
I am sure RafkeP understod that your plugin is working (in the matter that concerned him).

codename 15th June 2006 03:56 PM

For those interested, HyperIM works with BSplayer 2.0 too :) That's because BSplayer kept the same SDK..

You can use HyperIM to set the BSplayer status for Yahoo! Messenger, MSN Messenger, Windows Live! latest beta, Google Talk, and Skype.

To see a visual guide of what HyperIM can do, you can try this one