Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16th May 2007
BS.Player Newbie

jnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Request - main video window can't move outside main screen

Hi, for about last 3 version of Bsplayer, I'm really annoyed with this bug:
Video vindow can't be moved up outside the main screen. When, I move it, it returns back to main screen. For left, right and bottom yes, but up no. WTF? It is very annoying especially for HD videos. :(

Can you fix it, please?

Anyway thx for great player! :-D
Old 16th May 2007
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Have you tried "Cut top and bottom..." option in BS.Player Video preferences?

The bug you mentioned has been already added to the bugs list, but never fixed, you can move the video window out the up monitor limit, but then the picture will be compressed vertically (and last 10 pixels will result out of the screen). I hope it will be fixed in a near future :roll:
Old 16th May 2007
BS.Player Newbie

Yes, I try this feature... "Crop top and bottom..."

Maybe I mean other thing, than you understand.

In older versions (guess last version without this bug is 2.10 build 939) it works normally... you can move video window partialy out off monitor screen in any side (left, right, up, down), but in last guess 3 versions not. You can move it only to left, right, bottom, but no to UP! If You try to move video window up out off the monitor, and release mouse, then video window returns fully back to monitor screen! AND THIS IS VERY ANNOYING!

For example, I have HD video with high resolution and sometimes need to move it partially out off screen (for example I want need look for some thing under the video, etc.)...
Old 16th May 2007
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

I rather call this a feature, if you move the window up, you can see what's underneath and after releasing it, it comes back on the screen.
Old 16th May 2007
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnz
Yes, I try this feature... "Crop top and bottom..."

Maybe I mean other thing, than you understand.

In older versions (guess last version without this bug is 2.10 build 939) it works normally... you can move video window partialy out off monitor screen in any side (left, right, up, down), but in last guess 3 versions not. You can move it only to left, right, bottom, but no to UP! If You try to move video window up out off the monitor, and release mouse, then video window returns fully back to monitor screen! AND THIS IS VERY ANNOYING!

For example, I have HD video with high resolution and sometimes need to move it partially out off screen (for example I want need look for some thing under the video, etc.)...
No no, I understood right, but I didn't tried with latest release, and actually BS.Player behaviour v2.21 is different than previous releases one. And I prefere this one, since in previous versions if you moved the video out of the screen top margin the image got compressed vertically and the resulting total height was = remaining_portion_of_image_visible_on_screen + 25 pixel (as I reported in the BUGS list few months ago), so you couldn't move it neither in previous releases, it only got compressed vertically (and it was a bad result)
Now I think the devs implemented a really good compromise by forbidding the MOVE_OUT_OF_TOP_MARGIN "command", since now the AR is kept and no problems raise up with movie manipulation
Old 17th May 2007
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
I rather call this a feature, if you move the window up, you can see what's underneath and after releasing it, it comes back on the screen.
Nice feature, really anoying.
Old 17th May 2007
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnz
Quote:
Nice feature, really anoying.
For some, yes. Maybe one day will became a feature that can be turned on/off
Old 17th May 2007
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Indeed a matter of opinion. I personally couldn't care less.
An option allowing video window to be placed partially off visible screen at the top could solve jnz's annoyment.
Have no idea how many other users would find that a usefull addition though.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 18th May 2007
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

@Tiziano: "The bug you mentioned has been already added to the bugs list, but never fixed, you can move the video window out the up monitor limit, but then the picture will be compressed vertically (and last 10 pixels will result out of the screen). I hope it will be fixed in a near future Rolling Eyes Wink"

This bug is fixed, as you noticed in your following posts.

@jnz: We will consider adding an option which would allow this function.
Old 23rd December 2007
BS.Player Newbie

scottx is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! Im too almost crazy with this "feature" ;)
Checkbox with On/Off function is my Christmas wish. :D

PS: Merry Christmas BSTeam!

Tags
main, move, request, video