Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12th December 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Orlandox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not showing subtitles at .DivX files

Does it support this ? If yes how I can make it working ?

BS.Player also supports displaying subtitles in .mkv files for those high resolution movies with subtitles.
Old 12th December 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Placio74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you mean XSUB subtitles?
Old 12th December 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Yes, I use AVIAddXSubs v8.3 to incorporate .srt to .avi. It then creates .divx files.
Old 12th December 2008
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandox
Yes, I use AVIAddXSubs v8.3 to incorporate .srt to .avi. It then creates .divx files.
You did read the developper's general and "ATTENTION" information (it being intended for playback in stand-alone-players) ?

PS:
For having more than one sub available from BS.Player this isn't necessary at all, as BS.Player natively supports selection of a sub in a specific language (if more subs in different languages are available)
I didn't test at this time, but think it should work if videofiles and subs are e.g. named as follows:
VideoFileNamePart1.avi
VideoFileNamePart1.Dutch.srt
VideoFileNamePart1.English.srt
VideoFileNamePart1.French.srt

VideoFileNamePart2.avi
VideoFileNamePart2.Dutch.srt
VideoFileNamePart2.English.srt
VideoFileNamePart2.French.srt
(BS.Player also supports two subs to be displayed at the same time.)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 12th December 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Yes, I did. DivXPlayer shows subtitles, but I like more BSPlayer and considering a bying one if these XSUBs are working, maybe in the future version :?
Old 12th December 2008
BS.Player Master

Can you upload a (short) sample divx-file with more subs?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 12th December 2008
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

As far as I know, DivX subtitle it's proprietray format and not supported by any player at this moment.
Old 12th December 2008
BS.Player Master

I also thought and think that (well except for DivXplayer of course), but as I simply don't have any .divx file with subtitles to try (as opposed to .divx with multi audio languages) I thought it would be nice to receive a sample (just to be sure). Do you have one?
Old 12th December 2008
BS.Player Master

No, I don't. Probably if the subject will becom important (as DivX don't allow other to use theyr format) I will generate myself a file. Otherwise, it's like buying an MS office licence for a Linux server ;)

PS: I had once a file, menus included.
Old 12th December 2008
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
....DivX don't allow other to use theyr format....
Nevertheless AVIAddXSubs seems capable creating .divx-files and - of course - playback of .divx-files can be done by BS.Player as well, using either ffdshow or reliable (not-bloated) Divx5.21 codec or ....
Well, maybe not all "added/inbuild features" of .divx format are supported, but who really needs them anyway for PC-playback if you have BS.Player at your disposal?!

And to add to your remark re MS-Office: why buy it at all (for any platform) if there is something like OpenOffice freely available.
Old 12th December 2008
BS.Player Master

When I refer to DivX files I am talking about a DivX file, not a file with a DivX extension but with DivX structure. That includes multiple audio streams, menus, chapters, multiple subs ;)
Old 12th December 2008
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
....DivX structure. That includes multiple audio streams, menus, chapters, multiple subs ;)
Well, it's your prerogative of course to consider DivX like that.
I personally certainly do not 'define' DivX to include those features as DivX has been been much longer around as just a codec than as a media container format. In as far as I know it was only with the launch of the (bloated) DivX6 together with the DivX Media Format (with .divx extension) that the new features of interactive video menus and multiple audiotracks and subtitles etc. were introduced. I personally have had installed DivX6 just a very very short while and as I disliked it very much (and could quite do without its added features, which were already well covered by BS.Player at the time) I went almost immediately back to DivX5.2.1.
Old 12th December 2008
BS.Player Master

Yes, my belief was that in here we talk about DivX container.
Old 12th December 2008
BS.Player Master

And my believe is that when we're talking about divx media container files, we're - in principle - talking about files with .divx extension.

Tags
divx, showing, subtitles