Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 28th September 2010
BS.Player Newbie

aur0n is on a distinguished road
Default Detection of subs

Hello guys,
I have a simple question: I usually watch tv shows with subtitles, that are downloaded automatically by a software.

The downloaded subtitles names aren't exactly the same of the video file, so I have to rename them manually. Now I'm wondering if there is a way to make BS Player detect subs even if they don't have the exact name of the video file. Example:

TVShow s01e01 720p-GROUP.mkv
TVShow.s01.e01.720.sitename.srt

Thank you in advance.

PS: Before you ask, I'm aware of the auto-download system BS Player offers, but I don't need english subtitles.
Old 28th September 2010
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

If you have just 1 episode in the folder, you can enable in subtitle preferences -> auto load ANY subtitle in current folder.
Old 28th September 2010
BS.Player Newbie

aur0n is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately, I have hundreds of videos and subtitles...
Old 6th October 2010
BS.Player Newbie

stankrugger is on a distinguished road
Default Re:

I also want to know there is any way to make BS Player detect subs even if they don't have the exact name of the video file
Old 6th October 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

@stankrugger:
BS.Player doesn't require the subs to have the exact same name of the video file. Please be more specific and/or give an example of your problem from your own experience (as opposed to simply copying what other users write). What version/build of BS.Player do you use? Are you referring to on-line subs or subs in same folder or in a sub-folder subs or ...?

P.S.: Contents of your posts lead me to believe you're a forum-spammer
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
detection, subs