Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 31st January 2011
BS.Player Newbie

VanishingHope is on a distinguished road
Default Full Screen Skips with Subs

Searched the forums but didn't really find anything.

When playing any file which is 1280x720 using H264 in full-screen mode, BS.Player freezes and stutters severely when subtitles are displayed. Thought may-be this issue was caused by a new file but I watched some files I had from a year ago (which I watched with I believe 2.54 without issue... H264... 1280x720... full screen). The "old" files did not work now either.

What's more is I don't believe there's a pause if the subtitles don't show. Truth-is, using the submenu and unchecking Primary Subtitle (turning it off) didn't work. Also checking "Disable subtitles" under the Subtitle options didn't work. Both of these cases still showed subs. However, with the main options window up the subtitles do not show on my PC and there wasn't a stutter.

One last oddity... if I expand the window to cover my entire screen (still running in windowed mode), I do not have any stutters.

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you,
--VH

Video Info:
.MKV
1280x720
H264, X264 as well
Subtitles embedded in MKV (not hard-coded)

System info...
Intel Core i7 - 920 @ 3.00 GHZ
12 GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Nvidia GeForce GTX 275 GPU

BS.Player Pro 2.57 Build 1051, 8 Dec 2010
Old 17th February 2011
BS.Player Newbie

BasicSense is on a distinguished road

I have the exact same problem...
Just got BSPLayer, and everything was working well but when i play
mkv files on full screen with sbtitles everytime a subtitle is shown it skips frames and doesn't
play well (very epileptic),however when subtitles are turned off the problem does not accure.
Also, when i chose a difrrent video renderring it played fine, but the quality
was slightly dicreased to my opinon(somthing with the text not shown right).

I really hope you'lle solve this.
Old 26th February 2011
BS.Player Newbie

VanishingHope is on a distinguished road

Well, I seem to have found a solution. Open up preferences, you'll want to go to the main Video section, Video Renderer tab.

When I installed BS Player on my machine, it defaulted to EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer). If I change the renderer to Internal Renderer Overlay (default) or Internal Renderer DirectDraw Surface, the fullscreen issue goes away.

Give that a shot and let me know how it goes. One thing I should try checking is to download the previous version and see which renderer it loads BS Player with because I'm 100% certain I never changed the renderer previously.

Thanks,
--VH
Old 5th August 2011
BS.Player Newbie

glennie74 is on a distinguished road
Default No need to change renderer

I encountered the same problem with BS player skipping on full screen play with subtitles. I solved this problem by deselecting "enable drawing subtitles under image with EVR renderer" in the subtitle properties tab on the sutitles settings in the preferences menu. EVR render is still enabled, subtitles work perfectly and no stuttering.
Old 22nd August 2012
BS.Player Newbie

snoeckie is on a distinguished road

thanks for this fix (dissabling "enable drawing subtitles under image with EVR renderer"). Also solved it for me ;) after several reinstalls

Tags
full, full screen, screen, skips, stutter, subs, subtitle