Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 28th March 2012
BS.player Regular User

fits79 is on a distinguished road
Default Problem when i open video files and with utf-8 greek subtitles

Hi.

I have one problem with the bsplayer 2.61 build 1065 when i try to open any video files SOME TIMES it bring me the picture problem and continue to play the video file normally.

There was a problem sending commands to the program

And another issue is why CAN'T appear correctly the utf-8 greek subtitles?

A lot of thanks for your time/answers.
Old 28th March 2012
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Maybe these threads can shed some light on your issues:
(1)
- http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-report...ending+command
- http://forum.bsplayer.com/internatio...html#post52106
- http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-report...html#post46618
- http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-report...html#post34223
(2)
- http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-ta...html#post44130
- http://forum.bsplayer.com/subtitles/...html#post55090
- http://forum.bsplayer.com/subtitles/...html#post52132
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 28th March 2012
BS.player Regular User

The 1 it isn't because i run it with admin rights and to win 7 32 bit starter edition.

As for the gr utf-8 greek subs it shows the subtitles but it shows it one word above the other one and when i convert that subtitle into ansi is shows is correctly so what is the wrong?
The codepage that has the srt file?
Old 28th March 2012
BS.Player Master

Using new or legacy subtitle engine?
Any difference when you select the other?
(rightclick > Options > Preferences > Subtitles [Subtitle properties]
Checkbox "[ ] Use new subtitle parser/renderer")
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 28th March 2012
BS.player Regular User

YES THAT IS IT.....

With new parse/engline of subtitle is shows correctly the utf-8 and the ansi greek subtitles.

With the other problem what i can do?

And why with the old parse/engine of subtitles don't work correctly the utf-8 subtitles?
Old 29th March 2012
BS.Player Master

It isn't really interesting to know why it doesn't work with the legacy subtitle engine as that is no longer supported by BS.Player team. So even if it is a bug, it will not be repaired anymore. At present BS.Player team only supports the new subtitle parser/renderer and using that seems to have solved your problems.
With respect to the other problem: if none of the posts in the threads to which I placed direct links (e.g. this post) helps you, I'm afraid I personally don't know how to help you on this.
Old 29th March 2012
BS.player Regular User

So why DON'T you completely delete the "legacy subtitle engine" entire of the prg and leave the new subtitle engine that is more combatible with the new subtitles?

And no the other prg still remains...
Old 29th March 2012
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fits79 View Post
So why DON'T you ....
Note I'm not a BS.Player-team member and I've nothing to do with the creation or development of BS.Player. I'm not a programmer; just a simple user (and translator) trying to help fellow-users on this forum.
Old 30th March 2012
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

New subtitle renderer is used by default, which works for most users, so you do have to know why you want to change it to old one.

And, yes, in new version of BSPlayer only the new renderer will be implemented.
Old 30th March 2012
BS.Player Master

@Ico-man:
Any comments on the other more important issue mentioned here (and elsewhere): "There was a problem sending the command to the program"??
Old 13th April 2012
BS.player Regular User

Why with new parse subtitles when i have choose one size for all subtitles it DOESN'T show me the subtitles with that size but always to a smaller size and one size only.

And when i use the old parse subtitles then the size i choose to appear the subtitles.

Tags
files, greek, open, utf8, video