Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 13th January 2013
BS.Player Newbie

Tattaglia is on a distinguished road
Default Playback speed problem

Hello,

I have been using Bs Player for quite awhile now, but just since recently i have a problem with my playback speed options. Whenever i play a song and i want to decrease the playback speed by 10% it creates a strange sound. It's quite impossible for me to describe the sound, but it sounds like it continuously skips small pieces of the music, making it nearly impossible for me to understand.

Strangely enough, one file can be played correctly using the Playback speed option (90, 80, 70%), but others can simply not. I also have a laptop for a few months and the problem does not occur on the laptop? If it's possible i can send an example of the problem. If this is allowed of course

Can someone help me, because its imperative that i need to resolve this. All help is appreciated.
Old 13th January 2013
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Check which filters/codecs are used by BS.Player for files which don't have the problem as mentioned by you and whether BS.Player uses other filters/codecs for files which are 'problematic'.
(Also look for differences with BS.Player on your laptop.)
To find out (while the file is loaded/playing):
rightclick > Options > Filters > Advanced
Then click on "Source" and on the +signs in front of the filters/codecs shown in order to get further info (and further access).
Any difference between the problematic and non-problematic files?
Please report back what your findings are.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 13th January 2013
BS.Player Newbie

I have been experimenting with those filters too, but i haven't found the desirable solution. I do not have access to my laptop, but when i do, i will use your suggestion and will report back as you say.
Old 13th January 2013
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattaglia View Post
I have been experimenting with those filters too, but i haven't found the desirable solution. I do not have access to my laptop, but when i do, i will use your suggestion and will report back as you say.
You mention you haven't found a desirable solution. My question however is whether you did observe any differences (different filters being used by BSPlayer for problematic and non-problematic files)?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 13th January 2013
BS.Player Newbie

This is very peculiar. I attempted to copy the bs player files(.exe) originated from the bs player from my laptop. They were conveniently located on my usb disk. I then copied the Webteh directory to my C: drive, then opened a problematic file and it worked correctly.

I did this before, but after a few days the problem returns, so it's not a permanent solution.And I observed the filters like you said. They were running with the FFD audio decoder and the ones now are running in default directsound device. (microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder). If I open the filter list now, there is only one filter present, unlike before.
Old 14th January 2013
BS.Player Master

Simply copying installation files from one PC to another will not help even if the paths used are the same, unless both PC's are fully idential (hardware and software, incl. drivers etc.). This surely is not the case for you, as one appears to be a desktop and the other a laptop. Also BS.Player´s settings which are optimal for one computer, may not be for another computer!
(Also, depending on your PC's operating system and the choices you made during installation, the settingsfiles will be in different locations on different PC's.)
Question: when you first installed BS.Player on your desktop, respectively your laptop, did you allow it to internally install its preferred codecs-filters? (Internally meaning for use by BS.Player only and not interfering with your system's codecs/filters.)
Old 14th January 2013
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

BSPlayer's settings are saved in BSplayer.xml file. This file it's accessed and modified each time you open BSplayer. It does not store hardware informations.
On the other hand, the ability to modify playback rate it's given by the filters used to decode the file, not by BSPlayer itself. You need ti find a combination of filters that can manage this operation and install them on your PC.
In my case, qasf.dll it's used to decode MP3 files and have no problem in modifying playback rate. For AAC files i'm using CoreAAC with no problems. AC3 files decoded through AC3Filter, no problems.
Old 14th January 2013
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
Simply copying installation files from one PC to another will not help even if the paths used are the same, unless both PC's are fully idential (hardware and software, incl. drivers etc.). This surely is not the case for you, as one appears to be a desktop and the other a laptop. Also BS.Player´s settings which are optimal for one computer, may be very bad for another computer!
(Also, depending on your PC's operating system and the choices you made during installation, the settingsfiles will be in different locations on different PC's.)
Question: when you first installed BS.Player on your desktop, respectively your laptop, did you allow it to internally install its preferred codecs-filters? (Internally meaning for use by BS.Player only and not interfering with your system's codecs/filters.)
If you mean the filters which may show during the installation, then yes. There were several and i installed them all, but i reinstalled bs player yesterday and did not install any optional codes/filters. The only filter present is the Default Directsound Device and it seems to work. I deleted the copied files from my C: drive of course.

I now have access to my laptop and i see that once again only the Default Directsound Device is running and it works correctly.
Old 14th January 2013
BS.Player Newbie

The problem did return again. I observed the filters and the FFD audio decoder has been installed automaticly. It functions with the standard filter. I disabled some options in the properties display of the FFD audioshow and now it only uses the filter i prefer.

Last edited by Tattaglia; 14th January 2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old 14th January 2013
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto View Post
BSPlayer's settings are saved in BSplayer.xml file. This file it's accessed and modified each time you open BSplayer. It does not store hardware informations....
No a large part (not all) of BS.Player's settings respectively the user's preferences are stored in that file, so ...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattaglia View Post
....I disabled some options in the properties display of the FFD audioshow and now it only uses the filter i prefer.
And (to be sure) your problem has now been solved?
Old 16th January 2013
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
And (to be sure) your problem has now been solved?
Yes, the problem has been solved. I can listen to music with playback speed now, without errors. I appreciated the help, thanks!

Tags
playback, speed