Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 14th August 2003
Seb
BS.Guest

Default Colorbalance? All my movies are to red on my TV...

I have a problem, with my new GF4 with Connexant tv-chip my tv gets way to red, so I need to change colorbalance.
You can do that in NView, but for some reason it seems it will only affect whats around/behind the actual movie, so the movie will still be very red while the desktop is like totally green or something :(

Very strange.....so if noone can help me fix that in NView, I wonder if someone know how to change colorbalance in BSPlayer?
There are a option that says colorcontrol or something but nothing happens when I press it :(

Please :)
Old 14th August 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Mmm strange.
Concerning your question to change colorsettings of BSPlayer:
I don't know which version you're using, but in build 500 there are two possible ways, the working (or not) of which are also depending on your video-settings in BSPlayer concerning the use of overlay.
If you right-click on BSPlayer's video-window you will see "color controls" and "HW color controls". Now, when I use overlay Mode 1, the HW color controls function and these have a slider to set "Hue", which might do the trick you wish to perform. (The non-HW controls instead have "Saturation", which I don't think is a solution for your problem)
Success!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 14th August 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Seb is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply :)

I do use the newest BSPlayer. I did see that hardware-color setting but never tried it cause I guess it might be hard to just control the amount of red with it, but I'll give it a try when I get home.

Anyway I think its so strange that the color-control in NView only affects everything EXCEPT the actual movie-window.....that annoys me very much :(
Old 14th August 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Well actually it says in NView "Desktop Colorbalance" or something like that, so maybe the colorcontrol is only for the desktop and not for movies :(

Anyway the hardware colorcontrol in BSPlayer, draging it slightly to the right, did help a bit so now its actually ok to watch movies.
A little to red still, and a little to green since increasing that colorcontrol makes everything more green and less red, but better then before so this is totally ok for now :)

Too bad I still have the black border aroung the movie....the zoom in NView zooms way too much so I'll miss like one inch on each side of the movie and that is no good at all :(

NView totally sucks I guess....but what other FREE alternative are there? :(
Old 14th August 2003
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

In nvidia control panel go to overlay color controls for movie window color controls.
Old 15th August 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
In nvidia control panel go to overlay color controls for movie window color controls.
Thanks, but that color-slider is just the same as the hw-color in BSPlayer, and it does NOT let me reduce the red only, if I want less red I will have to get more green too.

I cant believe NVidia gave us a perfect color-control of all three channels (red/green/blue) for the desktop, but for overlay movie we only get some kind of hue-slider to change color) :(
Old 15th August 2003
BS.Player Master

Color controls can be applied on each basic colour.
Old 15th August 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
Color controls can be applied on each basic colour.
Not that I saw....
Old 15th August 2003
BS.Player Master

Sorry, you're right, only on desktop color controls.

Tags
colorbalance, movies, red