Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 22nd August 2003
Harry
BS.Guest

Default Subtitels won't work (mpg + srt)

On my disk is the movie Anger Management (SVCD 1 + 2) as mpg file.
I have dowloaded subtitels (1 + 2) with extension srt.
I have put al 4 files in the same directory
I have given the moviefile and subtitelfile the same name.
I have loaded the movie
I have loaded the subtitels
Switched on 'subtitels' in the BS Player
But it doesn't work....
It's the first time i work with subtitels. I tried everything but still it does not work.
Please give me some help....
Old 22nd August 2003
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

I am not sure about last builds, but older builds started with fontcolor black. On the black overlay you can't see black font. So go to subtitle, font, select white, and you should see the subtitle.
Older versions, like 085 to 086 build 490 if I recall corect can't handle srt files.
Old 23rd August 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
Older versions, like 085 to 086 build 490 if I recall corect can't handle srt files.
Just to remind you I herewith repeat my reaction to your earlier similar remark:
Quote:
FYI: support for .srt subtitles has been there for ages: at least since version 0.6 (vs present version 0.86.500)

In fact I've hardly used another format. At least 95% of all my subtitles are in subrip format.
(Your reply about fontcolor at start is - of course - indeed correct for some earlier builds by the way! And that's what counts!)

To Harry:
Another thing that might play a trick on you is the position of the subtitles; so make indeed sure your sub is white (like adicoto said) (or yellow or any other bright colour) and that it is not positioned in such place where you can't see them

Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 23rd August 2003
BS.Player Master

Don't intend to argue with you, BSPeter, your posts help many of site visitors, but srt extension covers a lot of subtitle formats. Some of them didn't work until 086.498. No big deal about, but BSPlayer has a huge problem with file extensions. BTW, take a mpg file, change it's extension into avi and bsplayer fails to open it.
Old 24th August 2003
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
BTW, take a mpg file, change it's extension into avi and bsplayer fails to open it.
When I "Enqueue" (*) such "amended" file in BSPlayer, it plays without problems.
Also if I "load" such file from BSPlayer. :?: :?:

(*): though I always use BSPlayer, I havn't attached .avi nor .mpeg to it, so that my moviefiles don't open BSPlayer and play on double-click.
I prefer to use "Enqueue" as opposed to double-click (which can - of course- additionally be used too) since in such a way you can select e.g. 2 files (a lot of films take 2CD's) and "Enqueue" them at the same time (they will both be in the playlist and the first will start to play).
And as I only use the original soundchannel and no chapters and make sure the subtitles have the same name as the video, I needn't bother about adding .ini or .bsi or .bsl files or similar additional features.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 24th August 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Harry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Still no subtitels

Thanx for the answers but......
- colors of the letters are white and i tried other colors
- i have tried every place on the screen for the subtitels.
So.... still does not work.
Strange; the second part of the movie shows the first subtitel correct; but this lines stays on the screen all the time. The first part of the movie does nothing.
Still any ideas? (mpg is no problem? i have the latest BSplayer)
Old 24th August 2003
BS.Player Master

I'm puzzled. What version (build) of BSPlayer are you using?
Could you perhaps attach one of the subtitlefiles (zipped) to your post so that we may see that there's nothing wrong with the subtitle-file itself?
Old 25th August 2003
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
I'm puzzled. What version (build) of BSPlayer are you using?
Could you perhaps attach one of the subtitlefiles (zipped) to your post so that we may see that there's nothing wrong with the subtitle-file itself?
I fully agree with that. But put the both subtitles, for cd 1 and cd2.
Old 25th August 2003
BS.Player Newbie

here are the two subtitels files.
hope you can anything with it....
thanx again!
Attached Files
File Type: zip film.zip (43.0 KB, 175 views)
Old 26th August 2003
BS.Player Master

Hello Harry,

I'm afraid there's nothing wrong with the subtitle files as such and I've no problems whatsoever of playing them.

So I really don't have a clue what may cause your problem at the moment. If I think of something I will certainly come back on this.

Sorry, not being able to help you right now.

(Dus als ik nog een helder idee krijg, dan kom ik er uiteraard zeker nog bij je op terug!)
Old 26th August 2003
BS.Player Master

I could give you one more suggestion to try, i.e. either try a different overlay setting in the "Options"-"Preferences"-"Video" menu if you have perhaps selected the option "Draw subtitles to overlay surface" on the "Subtitles" tab of "Preferences" or if "Use overlay" is not selected at the "Video"-tab, make sure that "Draw subtitles to overlay" at "Subtitles"-tab is also deselected)
Maybe that does the trick!
(Ik hoop het)
Old 28th August 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Adicoto and BSPeter.
Thanx for your advice. But it still does not work.
It seems to be a problem which is not common with BSplayer.
I tried all the settings. Even installling new subtitels and BSplayer.
For this moment i give up with this movie and subtitels. I will try another movie with subtitels and hope it will work then (would like to 'subtitel 'Anger Management!).
Again, thanks for your advice.

Tags
mpg, srt, subtitels