Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 14th November 2003
BS.Guest

Default Dude, where is my favourite player?

First to say I really apreciate the work of the bsplayer team. They brought us the best player ever for many years.
Unfortunatelly, that situation changes, bsplayer now is a player like the other ones. Everything that make bsplayer diferent now is missing out.

The internal render engine for the OGG subtitles doesn´t work (that was a HUGE difference)
More resources
ini files forgot
big and useless skins
more things other people said and i´m not going to repeat

This remembers me the change from winamp 2.x to 3.x, or Windows media player 6.4 to 7

At least we have the 501 version.

BSplayer developers, I understand that you work for free and try to do the best for the community, critics are not always welcome, but i´m sure that you prefer an honest opinion. also I´m not the only one that thinks like this:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...116#post399116
Old 14th November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

suspiria is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately, i cannot but agree with what is already been said.
Just to repeat one thing: WHAT IS THAT WITH THIS NEW SKINS ???????
It is disaster in my opinion.

I deleted the old version b4 installing the new one, but i was lucky to find it again so i reinstalled it.
No chance i will remove it again, certainly not for v1.0...
Old 14th November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

MrNoogies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1.00 growing pains

As much as I tried, I couldn't get myself to use 1.00 RC1. The base skin is simply horrendous, and the online skins are too small or too big, AND ALL HAVE A 3 CENTIMETER SEEK BAR! What's the deal with making the most important feature of a skin that small?

Another thing that is really annoying in RC1 is that the two different right click menus were rolled into one. Completely uncalled for, it was simply great when the Open, close, exit, etc. were in one menu, and movie settings, subtitles and aspect ratios (which I use alot) was in the video window menu. Change it back, PLEASE!

But most importantly, PLEASE give us our beloved 0.86 base skin back! It was compact, yet had the biggest seek bar from all the bs skins I've ever seen. Please bring it back, and I'll shut up and use 1.00, as this is my most major gripe.

Meanwhile, I'm back to .86, thank god I saved the installation.
Old 14th November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Drizzt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! I use the Mediabox V2 skin, it has a large seekbar :)
And I agree that the old two-part right-click menu was better for me (filters, audio, and subs was on the fist level now you have to use submenus :( )
Old 14th November 2003
BS.player Regular User

ZanderZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 1.00 growing pains

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNoogies
But most importantly, PLEASE give us our beloved 0.86 base skin back! It was compact, yet had the biggest seek bar from all the bs skins I've ever seen. Please bring it back, and I'll shut up and use 1.00, as this is my most major gripe.
You can use old skins with some new dll, unfortunately I couldn't download it yesterday.
I don't really like the new skins either, I want Nickyz DVP v3!
Old 14th November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

alxemi is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to say that i´m the guy from the first post, i now it could sound a little stupid, but i don´t want to criticize without saying my name.
I don´t know what could happen with the login. :P
Old 14th November 2003
BS.player Regular User

krypton22 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh come on, this is not the end of the world, is it? the current build was apparently done in a hurry, just to make people shut up. hes getting feedback, hes gonna work on it, just be patient. all is good.
Old 26th November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

MrNoogies is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt
Hi! I use the Mediabox V2 skin, it has a large seekbar :)
And I agree that the old two-part right-click menu was better for me (filters, audio, and subs was on the fist level now you have to use submenus :( )
Ohmygod, someone with more than half a brain actually made a seekbar you can see without a microscope? Any links?

And how can I take my beloved .86 base skin and put it on 1.00? Like I said, if I could, I would switch to 1.00 if I got a good skin, even with the other niggles.
Old 27th November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Tannah is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I've been using BSplayer for quite a while now (about a year and a bit)
I just downloaded and tried out Version 1.00 RC1 Build 803, and I must say unfortunatly I'm quite disappointed for a Release Canadate this version seems to have allot of bugs in it (at least I hope they are bugs)

-CPU usage is though the Roof!?!

-Movies play jerky now, which played smooth as polished glass on ver 0.86 Build 501 (probably something to do with CPU usage)
the same settings were used in both of them.

-in preferences intervideo AC3 no longer seem to save, or have any noticeable effect on the audio (yes the inter video decoder is selected in audio)

Personal note: I don't care for the new setup menu or how you have to dig a bit to get at the codec's that the current video is using. and I'm somewhat unhappy that the audio ramp was removed from the KDE mod skin (my skin of choice)

Specs
AMD XP1700
256mb Ram
Motherboard Asus A7V266E
Video card Geforce 3
OS Windows 2000 professional
resolution 800X600

I understand this is work of love, and I mean no disrespect, I'm just telling it as I see it, and theses are the problems I intally ran into.

I have to agree with what has been said this is remincent of the winamp jump from 2 to 3, (and soon 5 will be out)
Old 27th November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Cesa is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, just to even things out a bit...I actually believe the new standard skin is the best skin I've seen for this player! Don't know what pople think is bad with it, different tastes I guess :)

Tags
dude, favourite, player