Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 31st July 2002
Joel
BS.Guest

Default ATI Remote Wonder

Hi Guys,
Has anyone managed to get the ati remote wonder working with bsplayer??

Thanks
Old 2nd August 2002
BS.Player Newbie

turbanjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I tried, but no success

I also have the ati 7500 and the usb connected remote. I also have the x-10 moouse remote connect on the same system. i have gotten niether to work with winlirc, but i'll continue to try. From what i've read the ati 7500 wont work because it is a usb connect and winlirc specifically asks for a serial or avermedia ir reciever.

if anyone else has luck though, please post
Old 3rd August 2002
BS.Player Newbie

turbanjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEW UPDATE WITH REMOTE

ATi has updated the remote software to version 1.2 and released a plugin package so that the remote can be customized for various programs.

Divx player has already written one, but thats about the best thing the player has going for it. here is what I found linked to ATI to their site.

One of the coolest new features of DivX Player 2.0 Alpha 5 is the new built-in support for ATI Technologies' Remote Wonderâ„?, a wireless radio-frequency (RF) remote control designed for full multimedia control of all PC content. What that means, essentially, is that you can now play, stop, rewind, fast-forward, open, close and crank up the volume on your DivX movies without getting off the couch, or breaking your stride. The wireless Remote Wonder works through walls, enabling users to maintain computer access while roaming through their house, stage, boardroom or classroom and eliminating the need to point the remote directly at the receiver. Support for the Remote Wonder is bundled with the 2.0 Alpha 5 installer and can optionally be installed by owners of the Remote Wonder product. (If necessary, you can also visit the ATI page where the Remote Wonder
drivers are available.)

I looked at the developers package, but I have little experience in writting script. any one up for the challenge?
Old 3rd August 2002
BS.Player Newbie

gonker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Remote wonder

Yes .. I have just written a plugin for the Remote Wonder .. I am currently testing it .. a better version should be ready in a few days..

But here is the very basic alpha version for now
volume , play stop pause fullscreen (in and out) playlist , and setup work ..

just put this in your C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\RemCtrl\Plug-Ins\
directory and import the plugin -- bsplayer.dll using the remote software ..

:lol: :lol:
Attached Files
File Type: dll 327_1028412024.dll (128.0 KB, 53 views)
Old 4th August 2002
BS.Player Newbie

matz is an unknown quantity at this point

I've also written one :). You can download it at the end of this post. There is a readme to see what you can do with it. PLeae send any comments in http://forum.bsplayer.com/bspforum/viewtopic.php?p=845

Matz's BSPlayer plug-in for ATI Remote Wonder
=============================================

Version: 1.0
README file updated on: 2002-08-04

Table of Contents
-----------------

0. Introduction
1. Installation requirements
2. Installation instructions
3. Keys

0. Introduction
----------------

BSPlayer can't natively handle the ATI Remonte Wonder (for example, it is not catching WM_APP command that is sent when using the PLAY key).

I've written a plug-in for the ATI Remote Wonder that will allow you to use it with BSPlayer.

It's the first release, there may be som bugs. Do not hesitate to tell me about, or to ask for improvments. Any ideas are welcommed !

1. Installation requirements
----------------------------

- ATI Remote Wonder ;)
- REMOTE WONDER Software Version 1.2 (or above) must be installed. You can find them at http://mirror.ati.com/support/driver...onder-1-2.html. Prior to install these drivers, you must install v 1.1 (http://mirror.ati.com/support/driver...onder-1-1.html) as it is mentionned in ATI website. You can find these drivers on the ATI website (the links were ok on 2002-08-04)
- BSPlayer v 0.84.484 (or above)

2. Installation instructions
----------------------------

- Copy the BSPlayer.dll where you want (the "plug-ins"folder of your Remote Wonder Software installation is a good place. By default, it's : "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\RemCtrl\Plug-Ins")
- Open the ATI Remote Wonder control panel (double-clic on the Remote Wonder icon in the tray).
- Go to the "Plug-Ins" tab
- Hit "Import" button
- Select BSPlayer.dll in the location you put it ("C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\RemCtrl\Plug-Ins"). Select Ok

That's it ! Now look at the Keys section to know how to use it.

3. Using the Matz's BSPlayer plug-in for ATI Remote Wonder
----------------------------------------------------------

They will be directed to BSPlayer if it is launched and if a movie is loaded (except the playlist and preference button that do not require that a movie is loded).

* Keys in the "play group" of the Remote Control (at the bottom of the Remote control) :
- Play button : play the movie and set the focus to BSplayer
- Pause button : pause the movie and set the focus to BSplayer
- Stop button : stop the movie and set the focus to BSplayer
- Next button : go to the next movie in the playlist and set the focus to BSplayer
- Previous button : go to the previous movie in the playlist and set the focus to BSplayer

* Keys in the "cursor group" of the Remote Control (where there is the small "OK" button in the center). They will work only if BSPlayer has the focus. Just press "Play" or "Pause" to give it to him.
- Left arrow : Rewind the movie
- Left arrow : Forward the movie
- Up arrow : VOlume up
- Up arrow : VOlume down

* Other keys :

- Menu button : open the playlist (or close it if already opened)
- Setup button (check mark key) : open the BSPlayer preferences window. While it is opened opened, you will be unable to control the movie (play, pause....). To close it remotely, press the "Ok" button when BSPlayer has the focus. If you can't give BSplayer the focus, press the Setup button (check mark) and then the Menu button : you will be able to press "Ok" and the preference window will disappeared, giving you back the control of the movie.
- key 1 : the movie will be half sized
- key 2 : the movie will be 100 % sized
- key 3 : the movie will be 200 % sized
- resize key (on the right of the right arrow button) : toggle full-screen
- stowatch key (on the left of the left arrow button) : add bookmark

All other buttons are ignored by the plug-in, i.e. they are directed to other plug-ins or to Remote Wonder basic functions (for example the Volume or mute button). Function keys has not been used by this plugin.

Remmember : to give the focus to BSPlayer to control it, hit the Play button. It will bring BSPlayer to the top.

The BSPlayer plug-in for ATI Remote Wonder will work even if the the Winamp plug-in is loaded. The keys will be directed to Winamp if Winamp has the focus. The keys will be directed to BSPlayer if BSPlayer has the focus. If neither Winamp and BSPlayer has the focus, BSPlayer will get the focus if a button from the "play group" keys is pressed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 346_1028460477.zip (47.6 KB, 2055 views)
Old 15th October 2002
BS.player Regular User

prkay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, maybe you could help me. I've purchased a wireless system from X-10, and it included BOOM software , which is a remote software,and i've been trying for months to get it to work with my favorite player BSplayer. I have a ATI All In Wonder Card , Is it possible to use the ATI software with the remote reciever and the remote i have purchased from X-10,or do you have any other suggestion , because i'm about ready to throw it against the wall. I have been able to get the BOOM software to reconize BSplayer ,i mean it will open BSplayer with the remote but that is all. I would deeply be gratefull for some assistance. Thank You
Old 14th April 2003
BS.Player Newbie

jackflash is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
i'm using Matz bsplayer plugin at the moment.
Could anybody include a "toggle aspect ratio" key ?
would be of great use for every 16/9 TV users

thx
Old 25th October 2003
BS.Player Newbie

enrike is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Remote wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonker
Yes .. I have just written a plugin for the Remote Wonder .. I am currently testing it .. a better version should be ready in a few days..

I just test the Matz's plug-in 1.0, but somehow this plugin turn off the global volume control capability of the remote wonder, everything else works perfect. I tried to go into new plugin programing with the SDK of ATI, but I'm not a C programer. May you send me your plugin? to ebarreto@yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance for your help. :D
Old 7th November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Default Re: Remote wonder

javascript:emoticon(':(') Sorry Gonker I didn't receive the file, may you send me the file again.

Tanks for your help,

Enrike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrike
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonker

I just test the Matz's plug-in 1.0, but somehow this plugin turn off the global volume control capability of the remote wonder, everything else works perfect. I tried to go into new plugin programing with the SDK of ATI, but I'm not a C programer. May you send me your plugin? to ebarreto@yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance for your help. :D
:(
Old 2nd December 2003
BS.player Regular User

doubleJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default download

Hello...
Is there a way to download this plugin? The forum shows the dll blocked.
JJ
Old 3rd December 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

The zip file at the bottom of Matz's file isn't blocked and can be downloaded; just double-click on that link.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 3rd December 2003
BS.player Regular User

But I wanted the one from this thread.
^O^
JJ
Old 18th January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Default All about controlling BSplayer with your remote wonder

After I tried to get to work BSplayer with plugins I had found that the best choice is to install the winLIRC plugin and configure the BSplayer to work with winLIRC. It work just fine, I can assign any of the remote wonder buttons to any function on BSplayer and the best part of it is that is not needed to have the focus on BSplayer to work.

Simply download the winLIRC plugin from the Remote Wonder's plugins page, run the installation program and in the configuration options of BSplayer turn of the "don't use winLIRC" option.

Quit and reload BSplayer, so changes take effect and then, in the key asignament screen, assign wich keys of your remote wonder do what by simply selecting the function and then pressing the button.

That's the easier way for me ;) 8)
Old 18th January 2004
BS.player Regular User

My...
I forgot about this thread.
Hehehe...
I've since stopped using bsplayer for media player classic and am using girder for everything. It took a lot of work, but that's, by far, my favourite setup.
JJ

Tags
ati, remote