Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 9th June 2019
BS.Player Newbie

radenko is on a distinguished road
Default can not play MP4 only

I have windows 8.1-64 and BS Player 2.72. Player was working fine for a long time, but yesterday it stopped playing MP4 files (all other files working very well).

I checked codec manager and found that some codecs missing: FFDShow, MPEG audio decoder, Haali media splitter. If I check them and hit "Install selected" nothing happens.
Is it reason why player can not play MP4 ?

How to solve problem with MP4 files?
Old 1st December 2020
BS.Player Newbie

alexwaston123 is on a distinguished road

Well, there could be various reasons like loss of internet connectivity, corruption in the video files, incomplete read or write, and many more. So, to repair corrupt MP4 file, it is suggested that you must prepare yourself to handle such situations.
Therefore, I think you must try the VLC media player to play your video. But, after doing so if you are still unable to play your video file then simply change the file extension to another video format. Hope this works for you.
Old 17th January 2024
BS.Player Newbie

ShadowRogue is on a distinguished road

It sounds like the issue with your BS Player not playing MP4 files could indeed be related to the missing codecs. Codecs are essential for media players to decode and play various file formats properly. If FFDShow, MPEG audio decoder, and Haali media splitter are missing, that could definitely affect MP4 playback.

Tags
mp4, play