Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18th September 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Khruschev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reduced Dialog Volume but Normal Ambient Sounds

Hi

I've been using BS Player (Version 1.02 Free) for a while now, and only recently have I noticed that the main dialog volume is significantly lower than the ambient sounds/voices. It is ONLY the main voice that is way below volume. This does not apply to all the movies I have. For example one movie sounds fine, but another one has the reduced dialog volume. The movies I play have all been encoded by len0x's Auto Gordian Knot (Version 1.25) into Divx5 format. Another thing is that A certain movie was played fine (I watched the whole thing) but now that I play it it has a reduced dialog volume. I am running on a Dell 4600 2.4 Ghz, GeForce FX5200 with WinXP Pro and 256 DDR Memory. ALso, I have a hunch that it may be this program called "TFM Audio Filter". I can't find the files or the uninstall executable. Does anyone know how to remove or disable it??? Additionally, this happens with all my players, such as winamp and Windows Media Player when playing videos (music is fine). Any help would be appreciated.
Old 18th September 2004
BS.Player Power User

Garet_Jax is an unknown quantity at this point

Open some movie that you have problems with in BSplayer.
Right click to open BSplayer menu.
Go to options.
Go to filters.
And post here what filters does it use (make a screenshot?).

Also you could do the same thing with some movie that does not have this problem.

If you suspect this "TFM Audio Filter", and you will see it in "filters", then you can click on it and see if there are any options to change.
Old 19th September 2004
BS.Player Newbie

No I do not see "TFM Audio Filter", its just that it's in my systray and i cant remove it. In filters i see:

DirectSound: SoundMAX Digital Audio [integrated sound board]
AC3 Filter
DivX Decoder Filter

there are 2 blanked out (avi splitter and something else) and theres advanced which lists all the filters and their tabs. I think there are just some settings I have to change such as volume normalize, gain, etc...but please keep in mind that this is the same for all video players on my computer.
Old 19th September 2004
BS.Player Power User

Quote:
but please keep in mind that this is the same for all video players on my computer.
Of course, that's why I asked you for filter configuration. Filters are player independent.

Quote:
AC3 Filter
I kinda suspected it... AC3 Filter... :/

Probably it's AC3 fault then.
AC3 filter have loads of options, so what you should do is to, in the same filter menu, click on AC3 filter to open decoder configuration.

Then you will see AC3 properties. There are few tabs, try to change some things and then check if it works. For example in "main" tab, in "gains" section there is "voice" option. That may be what you are looking for.

Quote:
No I do not see "TFM Audio Filter", its just that it's in my systray and i cant remove it.
If you want to know what is this TMF thing, or how to remove it, you should google for it. (lol... or am I just too lazy to help you? O_o)
Old 19th September 2004
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

1. I don't recall winamp using AC3Filter. But in filter configuration try to swich between 2 speakers and 5.1.

2. TFM Audio Filter is an DirectShow Filter, for real-time audio processing.
It was created to REDUCE the Dynamic of a Soundtrack. With this, your speakers are NO MORE "in danger" when an explosion happened in movie, and the voices are clearly heared, at the same level.
It should work within all players, that use automatic DirectShow Filter Graph generation (Windows Media Player, etc).
I suspect this to be the cause. Being in systray means it affects any sound coming out from the computer. I will install it myself to find out how to uninstall. It is in control panel->add/remove programs.
Old 19th September 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Ok, I found the site for the TFM Audio Filter, installed it, and unistalled it. Apparently it's gone now. Unfortunately the problem is still there. I tried tweaking the AC3 Filter around...I think it got slightly louder...but it's still significantly lower than the rest of the sound.
Old 19th September 2004
BS.Player Master

In options->prefereces->audio what device is selected in AC3 settings, default device or AC3Filter. It is not normal for the soundcard to be displayed into filters only if the card try to decode hardware the audio stream. BSPlayer have (or did had) some dificulties about that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled_138.jpg (6.6 KB, 1558 views)
Old 19th September 2004
BS.Player Power User

Maybe try to go to options of DirectSound: SoundMAX Digital Audio [integrated sound board] (as before - click on it when in filters menu).

Also you may check you sound card options. Maybe in "sounds and blablabla" from control panel, or maybe you have some application istalled that manage you sound settings?

Another thing you can do is unistall ac3 filter, check if sound play without it (probably not), and then install again - this should reset ac3 options. I still suspect ac3 filter, few times I experienced it causing troubles.
Old 19th September 2004
BS.Player Master

And yes, like Garet_Jax say, try to uninstall AC3Filter and install Intervideo audio decoder or Moonlight Odio decoda for AC3 streams.
Old 19th September 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Ok. Please walk me through how to uninstall the AC3 Filter, reinstall it, and also install Moonlight Odio decoda for AC3 streams. Btw, what does AC3 stand for??? Thanks guys.
Old 19th September 2004
BS.Player Newbie

I fixed the problem guys. I switched the AC3 Decoder to this in BSPlayer -> Preferences -> Audio:

For AC3 Decoding Use: Nero Digital Audio Decoder
Output Device: System Default
Old 19th September 2004
BS.Player Power User

majk_tajsam is an unknown quantity at this point

Low sound volume with AC3filter?
Check here: http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?t=5330

Tags
ambient, dialog, normal, reduced, volume