Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2nd September 2003
MarcelV
BS.Guest

Default SUBTITLES Display

hello
I m using the last verson (build 500) of BS.
But i have a probleme with the SUbtitles.
BSPlayer displays only 3 lines olf the subs, in fact there is 4 lines
so I lost text.
exemple:
00:00:00,000 --> 00:00:00,550
)))
(o_o)
--ooO--(_)--Ooo--
www.bsplayer.org

is displayed only:
)))
(o_o)
--ooO--(_)--Ooo--

Thanks to help me
Old 3rd September 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Hello MarcelV
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcelV
hello
I m using the last verson (build 500) of BS.
But i have a probleme with the SUbtitles.
BSPlayer displays only 3 lines olf the subs, in fact there is 4 lines
so I lost text.
exemple:
)))
(o_o)
--ooO--(_)--Ooo--

is displayed only:
)))
(o_o)
--ooO--(_)--Ooo--

Thanks to help me
Those lines which are shown are exactly the lines which BSPlayer is supposed to show.
The first line
Quote:
serves to indicate at what time (starting from the beginning of the movie) that particular subtitle should start and when it should stop being displayed.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 4th September 2003
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Subtitles position is auto or select ?
Try use select option and set the subtitles to be displayed up than it is now.
Old 4th September 2003
BS.Player Master

Hello again MarcelV

I noticed you apparently edited your initial post and now added even a fifth line (www.bsplayer.org) to it (so that my first response to your post could perhaps seem to miss the point)

To come back to your question: BSPlayer will indeed only show max. 3 lines (I tried it with .srt subtitles which I use in 99 % of all subs).

In The Netherlands movies are almost never dubbed, but subtitling them is, for all practical purposes, the near 100% standard. We really are a "subtitling country". The overwhelming majority of subtitles are 1 or 2 lines. I've come accross a subtitle file with 3 lines only very exceptionwise (and I've quite a few!!). Sofar I've never seen any subtitlefile with 4 lines. So for normal everyday's practice even 3 lines is almost "overkill", let alone 4 lines. So I can imagine BSPlayer indeed only shows max. 3 as you have to draw the line somewhere!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 13th September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

osorkon is an unknown quantity at this point

hy
my subtitles display in black and i cant read them very good how do i get white subtitels ???????
Old 13th September 2003
BS.Player Master

Right click on movie-window. Select "Subtitles" ... "Font" and select color (I would advise yellow or white).
I also advise to check (=select) "Save subtitle font settings" and "Use outline font" options, both at the "Subtitles"-tab of "Preferences"

Edited:
PS: Do NOT double post; please remove your other post!
I've meanwhile removed my reply to it so that you can indeed do so!
Old 13th September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

my subtitels are do not show on the right time what should i do
i tryd with sub sync but it doesnt seem too work :?
Old 13th September 2003
BS.Player Master

I do'n't know which subsync you tried. If it's the "on-line" utility: I've got no experience with it, but Vladimir's SubSync works perfectly for me.
Do you need additional help how to use it perhaps? I give some directions below the hereunder.
On Vladimir's SubSync page you can also find some HELP in English, though it concerns a rather old and obsolete version (e.g. showing no buttons Blue and Green there I'm afraid). (Another "howto" here.)
Also have a look at this post (which i.a. repeats information on BSPlayer's built-in possibilities, which you also could have found easily by looking in BSPlayer's "About" information)
Wrong timing please help - Official BS.Player forums

Load movie-file and load subtitle file (you may have to change the default subtitletype). You'll have to first establish suitable subtitles at the start and at the end of the movie (where you can see in the video what's said) by playing the movie in the video screen, whilst at the same time showing the subtitles (either in the "Edit Subtitles"-window or separately e.g. simply in Notepad).
In the "Edit Subtitles"-window select the first suitable subtitle at the beginning of the movie and either press Ctrl+F5 or select "Timing/Mark as first for stretch timing". The selected line in the Edit window will now have become blue. (You will have to move the pointer to another line first before you're able to see that.) Now find and select the last suitable subtitle at the end of the movie and press Ctrl+F6 or select "Timing/Mark as second for stretch timing". The selected line in the Edit window is now green.
Return to main (play) window and move slider to a position close to the time that the first subtitle (as selected) should appear. Play movie and press the button [Blue] to set the time for the first subtitle. If you aren't convinced it's entirely correct simply repeat this action.
Now move the slider towards the end of the movie and repeat the same action, but this time press the button [Green].
If you feel it's OK press [Adjust] and then [Save Subtitles]. :o
Old 14th September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

hmmm

does any one has a working dutch ( nederlandse ) subtitle for lord off the rings that works on bs player ?
plz answer
Old 14th September 2003
BS.Player Master

Which one? ("Fellowship of the Ring" or "The Two Towers": I've got both in 2CD version). Just let me know. Otherwise have e.g. a look at:
http://www.ondertitels.nl/

P.S.:
By the way: In Dutch there is a more up-to-date "on-line manual" for SubSync (At the page click "Synchroniseren" at the top)

Tags
display, subtitles