Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12th February 2005
BS.Player Newbie

filoux is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2 .sub from two cd's for one .avi file ???

Hello every one
i found subtitles i n French for a .avi file
but, i ,ve got two .sub files, for this moovie; and don,t know how to fix
whereever the second cd begin,s
is it possible to paste the 2.sub ,to watch film with all subtitles???

thanxs in advance
Old 12th February 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Yes (assuming your .subs are text-based subs) you can merge, making use of one of the subtitle utitlities mentioned in item 9 of my Help2Help-post.
E.g. with SubSync (if necessary) make sure subtitles of 1st sub-file "sync" with 1st part of the movie; then "sync" 2nd subs with second part of the movie. (Both parts to be saved after "sync"-ing them of course.)
Then open 2nd subs (as saved) in e.g. Wordpad, select whole text and "copy". Then open 1st sub in Wordpad, scroll to the end of it and now "paste" (making sure there is one empty line between the last subtitle of the 1st part and the first subtitle of the 2nd part, just like between all other sub-lines) and save the file. Load the new (total) file in subsync and save it (you have to do this, simply in order to renumber the subtitles in the file). That's it.
The two other subtitle utilities I mention in my post also can merge subs. However, you will have to find out the procedure to follow with these utilities yourselves, as I don't use them myself.
Perhaps it might be easier for you to find 1-CD-version subtitles for your movie. What movie is it?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 13th February 2005
BS.Player Newbie

all right
thanxs very much for your answer
i,ll try to do what you told me
well the moovie is "the wild bunch" very great ,very violent,but masterpiece of sam peckinpah
chears Philippe
i,ll try to find french subtitles for it in one cd (quite hard),even if i could hardly understand american
btw, do you have any links to dl proper subtitles ????
Old 13th February 2005
BS.Player Master

There are several links under item 9 of my Help2Help-post.
Some direct links to 1 CD subs:
http://extratitles.to/index.php?pid=subt2&p=i&rid=91619
http://www.divxforever.com/index.php...ODE=03&id=8504
http://www.divxplanet.net/altyazi_.php?id=13578
http://subtitles.images.o2.cz/d/1167...ch%2C+The.html

(Only did a quick search for the English name; not for the French title "La horde sauvage")
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 13th February 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Default ??,,

All right

txs very much for the links

but now subtittles arrive 5 seconds late,
how can i fix???
Old 13th February 2005
BS.Player Master

Again: read item 9 of my Help2Help-post
(If your subtitles are "out of sync"......)

Some additional info:
On the turkish download sites click on "Altyaziyi Indir".
On the Czech site (at the bottom) type the word that you see in the back box with white lines in the white box just below that; then click "Subtitles Downloads".
(The "Czech"-download contains 2CD-version subtitles as well as a 1 CD version of subtitles)

Tags
avi