Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 24th November 2002
Sprocket
BS.Guest

Default How can I launch BSplayer with subtitles from a launcher?

Hello, I´ve created a launcher application for a film that has subtitles. I would like to launch the film with these subtitles, but I don´t know any command or way to launch the BSplayer with subtitles automatically. :( I supose that the answer is not too complicated, so if you know the answer please write me an email to arkitreke@hotmail.com. :D Thank you all!
Old 14th December 2002
BS.Player Power User

HackerWerger is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to learn the same thing... and little more! I want to launch BSplayer with these parameters: Full screen, Subtitles, pre-specified aspect ratio, skin and other just like the .ini file. My launcher is written in Visual Basic 6 SP5 and will become available for everyone... as soon as I finish it! 8) So, please if anyone knows these commands that I have to type please post a reply!
Old 14th December 2002
BS.Player Power User

xlv600 is an unknown quantity at this point

Info on command line parameters are provided at the end of the About window [F1].
Old 15th December 2002
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Hai Sprocket,
If you only want to make sure that a movie automatically starts with subtitles, the only thing that you have to do is give the subtitle the same name as the movie (except for the extension of course) and place it in the same directory (or on the same CD) as the movie.
(This should do the trick unless you changed the default settings in "Options" / "Preferences" / "Subtitles").
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 17th December 2002
BS.Player Power User

HackerWerger is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks xlv600 but I want to know what command I must use to use the bsplayer parameters. I know how to use them in the "run" window on start menu but not on VB6! Please help!
Also, does anybody know how to get p.e. the file version of bsplayer through the registry using the VB6?
Thanks in advance.

Tags
launch, launcher, subtitles