Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 13th April 2005
BS.Player Newbie

lastdeja is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new version AC3 filter+bsplayer+Audigy 2 NX = no 5.1 sound!.

i have installed the new version 1.0.1a of AC3 filter to be able to hear DTS sound in Divx movies. and i also installed the latest version 1.22 of bsplayer.i have a Audigy 2 NX USB card and a 5.1 analog speaker set. now i can not hear a 5.1 channel sound. in the previous version v0.70b of AC3 filter there is a choice SPDIF in output speakers but not in the new version!. how should i make settings in this new AC3 filter(or/and bsplayer or/and audigy 2 NX) in order to get a 5.1 channel sound ?

thanks for your help..
Old 13th April 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Version 1.0.1a RC5 is not newest version (perhaps look here). Also there seem to be two versions 1.0.1a RC5, in the first of which SPDIF passthrough doesn't seem to work (check out this link). That being said, however, I personally have no experience with any AC3 filter of a later version than 0.70b. (See this thread.)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 19th April 2005
BS.player Regular User

artam is on a distinguished road

lastdeja>
The SPDIF passthrough option in 1.01a RC5 is in 'System' tab it works well (I think that indeed there was some messy version as BSPeter said, I mean that release from 05/2004 that was ok). You may try to get the latest version 1.02 test3 from http://www.free-codecs.com/download/AC3_Filter.htm and check if it works.

Anyway, I have heard some people having troubles with Audigy2 and mostly the new drivers from Creative did help them.
Old 19th April 2005
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by artam
You may try to get the latest version 1.02 test3 from http://www.free-codecs.com/download/AC3_Filter.htm and check if it works.
Hey, that seems exactly the same link as in my post hereabove! :lol:
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 20th April 2005
BS.player Regular User

BSPeter>
Yeah, my old-man eyes didn't noticed that the word 'here' looks like blue coloured and some link is hiding behind it :shock:, hmmm...

Anyway, I don't like to make link under the one word, rather writing it 'as is' so people can recognize them at the first look .
Old 20th April 2005
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Yeah, my old-man eyes didn't noticed that the word 'here' looks like blue coloured and some link is hiding behind it.
I wouldn't be surprised at all, if my eyes would be quite some years older than yours. Maybe you need a new monitor? :lol:
Quote:
I don't like to make link under the one word, rather writing it 'as is' so people can recognize them at the first look .
Yes, you're right it does indeed work that way: I immediately recognized it! :lol:
Old 22nd April 2005
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
I wouldn't be surprised at all, if my eyes would be quite some years older than yours. Maybe you need a new monitor? :lol:
Hmmmmm, I can't imagine you for example passing over four decades (being already with one leg in the grave as some people say) 8)
Old 22nd April 2005
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Hmmmmm, I can't imagine you for example passing over four decades (being already with one leg in the grave as some people say) 8)
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, ..... but I'm way over four (or even five) decades, but - on the other hand - I've no intention to put even a part of one leg in the grave!. :lol:
P.S. lots of limbs in this post by the way

Tags
ac3, audigy, filter, version