Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18th June 2005
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road
Default DivX 6

Once again DivX changed it's interface. No acces from BSPlayer's filter configuration (goes directly to help page) but neither from other players. So, probably, we well see soon build 818.
Old 19th June 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

As a user of WinMe myself and as DivX® 6 (within the DivX Create bundle and DivX Play Bundle) is not supported on Windows 98 or Windows Me, I've changed the links (in both my old and new Help to Help posts) to a download page where DivX5.2.1. is still available for WinXP and Win2000 as well as for WinMe and Win98 last Friday. BSPlayer plays the DivX-6 sample movies (e.g. Revelations.divx and LastManStanding.divx) without problems (and including the multiple audio tracks/streams (provided you do not select more than one audiostream at the same time, in which case progress indication sometimes seems to get mixed up) using DivX5.2.1-codec (though other new added features of DivX6 will not be addressed by the DivX5 decoder I imagine). Anyhow, it will take some time before DivX-6 conquers the world, given the fact that loads of movies are still created today using a pre-DivX5-codec (or XviD).
So especially to Win98 and WinMe users: don't try to install DivX-6 but stick to DivX5.2.1!

(As I understand it, the .divx extension covers a container rather than a codec)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 19th June 2005
BS.Player Master

Indeed, .divx is a container, but from long ago.
And about conquering the world, as you have seen, most of the newly encoded files are XviD, because it seems thad it generates better results. DivX 6 may be the response to that. And it is possible to be a better encoder. In this case, you will surely need to install DivX 6 in order to decode the files encoded with it. Life goes on.
Old 19th June 2005
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
Life goes on
I agree (also for the still very large group of WinMe and Win98 users). So I repeat:
  1. DivX® 6 (within the DivX Create bundle and DivX Play Bundle) is not supported on Windows 98 or Windows Me.
  2. BSPlayer plays the DivX-6 sample movies (e.g. Revelations.divx and LastManStanding.divx) without problems (and including the multiple audio tracks/streams) using DivX5.2.1-codec .
  3. To Win98 and WinMe users: don't try to install DivX-6 but stick to DivX5.2.1!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 21st June 2005
BS.Player Master

New BSPlayer version 1.30 (build 818) (20 Jun 2005) released:
Info at news-page:
"some changes to be more compatible with new DivX 6 Media Format, no direct support for menus and other features yet"

(N.B.: DivX6: NOT for Win98 and WinMe-users!)
Old 21st June 2005
BS.player Regular User

neral is an unknown quantity at this point

I am under WinXP SP2 with Divx 6 :

And Bsplayer 1.30!

For Divx files, There is no problem

But when i open an Xivd file : i have this message error :

"Access violation at address 747B1F0C in module 'quartz.dll'. Read at address 00000020."

So the new bsplayer only works with divx .......????

(the version 1.22 works with Divx AND xvid)
Old 21st June 2005
BS.Player Master

Same error here, but on any file DivX and XviD. Build 817 worked OK for me. Tuner functionality OK, as far as I can see.

Access violation at address 74841F0C in module 'quartz.dll'. Read of address 00000020.

Using DivX 6 and XviD 1.1 beta 2

Strange thing, when opening an XviD file, in systray you can see for a blink the DivX configuration utility, but in filter dialog there is XviD filter, as it should be.

For now, turned back to build 817
Old 21st June 2005
BS.player Regular User

neral is an unknown quantity at this point

same for me ! turn to 817.......
Old 21st June 2005
BS.Player Master

No problem here with new BSPlayer build 818.
However, as a WinMe user, I'm not using DivX6 but DivX5.2.1-codec for playback (=decoding) of DivX as well as XviD encoded movies ("Support Generic Mpeg-4" selected).
(Note: the sample DivX6 encoded movies are played without any problem using DivX5.2.1. for decoding)

[Note to avoid misunderstandings: I agree build 818 should work with DivX6, especially given the information: "some changes to be more compatible with new DivX 6 Media Format..."]
Old 21st June 2005
BS.Player Master

This topic is called DivX 6. So let's stick to it BSPeter. Some people may get confused about using 5.2.1. And it's no help in this case. Clearly there is something wrong in last build.

DirectX: 9.0c
quartz.dll, Size: 1287680 bytes, Version 6.5.2600.2180

BST, any more information needed ? Just ask for them.

EDIT
Strange thing. Just encoded a file using DivX 6. BSPlayer plays it with no problem, no error at all. I am copying this post to another thread in Bug report section.
Old 21st June 2005
BS.Player Master

@adicoto: Yes I agree topic is called DivX 6 (in which context I mentioned that DivX 6 encoded movies play back without problem with DivX 5.2.1.-decoder). Is that really off-topic? And referring to XviD encoded movies isn't? :lol: :lol: :lol:
P.S. Thank you for your :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 21st June 2005
BS.Player Master

Off topic. Nice emoticons.

You can edit my post if you consider I've offended you in any way. Did't ment to do that. Maybe sometimes my expresions are not quite suitable for my thougths.

I gave a copy-paste to posts, not including the second post by neral.

I didn't consider it off-topic your post about 5.2.1. But it might be misleading for some peoples. The ideea is that the combination 818 + DivX 6 can't play older divx files, and also that the problem is in BSPlayer itself, because the same error is generated when trying to open an XviD file, even if DIvX decoder is not associated with XviD files. Now I see some of your point in your acid answer.

EDIT:
See my post in the bug reports section
Old 22nd June 2005
BS.Player Master

Default New version 1.31 build 819 (22 Jun 2005) already there!

New version 1.31 build 819 (22 Jun 2005) already made available!
News-page:
"fixed bug in 'advanced graph building mode', player crashed if DivX 6 was installed and 'Support decoding of Generic MPEG-4 video' in DivX decoder was disabled"
Old 22nd June 2005
BS.Player Master

Soon as I get home I will download it and made tests. Hope all is OK now.
Old 23rd June 2005
BS.player Regular User

damienffm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I have the same error here. Unfortunately update to BSPlayer pro 1.31 819 produces the same error. But only when trying to use xvid decoder (1.1 beta2), playing via the Divx decoder works fine.
Old 23rd June 2005
BS.Player Master

Please post bug reports regarding BSPlayer/DivX6 in bug reports forum
Click here

Tags
divx