Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16th November 2005
BS.player Regular User

rseiler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brightness keyboard controls on Radeon cards?

I just switched from using integrated Intel (865G) graphics to a Radeon 9600XT card and ran up against a problem with Brightness.

Long ago I assigned keys to Increase Brightness (HW) -- and its decrease counterpart -- and they always worked fine. (I needed the "HW" versions for whatever reason, and still do).

But now with the ATI, these same keys either work weirdly or not at all. By weirdly I mean that they'll change the increment in whole point jumps rather than tenths (or whatever small increment it was before). And worse, once you get going in one direction, the opposite direction doesn't work at all. Increasing is more of a problem than decreasing, for whatever reason, which more often than not doesn't work at all.

Bottom line is that it's messed up and I'm resorting to using the slider in the menus, which does work.

So is there any way of salvaging the key controls?

The files I've tested this against are mainly Xvid AVI's, which is all that I usually play and which never presented a problem before.

Edit: Using the latest freeware version.

Thanks

Tags
brightness, cards, controls, keyboard, radeon