Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 22nd September 2006
BS.Player Power User

kimiraikkonen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WHY? Videos randomly jump - skip problem

First of all, i have to say that, this forum is the last chance for me... If my problem can be solved, i will appreciate too much...

MY PROBLEM: I have 3 types of files (Divx , MPEG-2, WMV)
-If I launch Divx or MPEG2 files, my video playback RANDOMLY jumps or skips to a further position... I PLAY THEM THRU HDD, not Disc. MY HDD has just defraged but no help.

After such a jerky, jumping playback i check "movie info" and the jitter is about 11 for 40 second playback. But then i instantly i play the file again, the playback completes without any problem with about 1 JITTER. That's why i experince this jump-skip and high JITTER RANDOMLY... The clues about my system are at below:

1)These videos(Divx and Mpeg2) are commonly captured from TV (with a high bitrate), BUT it also happens to Divx,Xvid files encoded with low bitrates (800-900 kbps).

2)These videos were played very good and without any problem before I format my OS. I was using the same BSPLAYER version, too.

3)I tried plenty of combinations of codecs/filters, uninstalled all K-Liter codec packs, installed codecs single (like Divx, Xvid), but no help.

4)WMV or uncompressed AVI files are fine. No problems with them. I only experience with MPEG-2 or Divx...

5)I also tried disabling overlay and tried internal overlay renderer with no help...

5)My system is that: Intel Pentium 4 2400 MHZ 512KB L2, 768 MB DDR Kingston, Asus GeForce 4 MX440 (Forceware 84.21), Asus 450Watt PSU, Creative SB Vibra 128..

Direct X 9.0c (By default my video card doesn't support DirectX 9 but i can play games very well with DirectX 9).

6)As i said before I was playing all of my videos without any problem, but randomly i get that High Jitter and playback Jumps....

I'm so sorry as my phsyco affected because of that...

-Although my system is strong enough (i'm sure certainly), why does that random playback jumo-sikip, high jitter occur? I have newer had that with lower system WITH the SAME FILES... So, i don't think it might be a hardware problem, i upgraded my video drivers to 84.21, tried video overlay options, tried installing codecs single (Ligos for MPEG2, Divx), BUT NO HELP...

Note: My OS is Windows 2000 Pro + SP4. Also i have plenty of virtual memory...

Sorry for lengthen the topic but i'm so so sorry for that...

Please help...
Old 22nd September 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Maybe the problem lays in AUDIO codecs and not video ones.

Can you tell us which filters (audio and video) are used by BSplayer when playing those movies (right-click->Options->Filters->Advanced)?

And also the audio codec used to encode the movies..
Old 22nd September 2006
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

And could you tell also wich version of BSPlayer are you using ?
Old 2nd October 2006
BS.Player Power User

All of BSPlayer versions cause that but newly i strongly think that: This problem occurs because Creative Vibra 128. When i play videos using my on-board sound chip C-MEDIA CMI8738, there haven't been any problem like that yet.

Could you advise a healthy Creative Vibra 128 Driver to me?

I downloaded this driver using with my topic problem described at my first message: http://files2.europe.creative.com/ma...oSetup_W2k.zip

Is Creative Vibra 128 slow as its hardware for some AVI or MPEG playbacks? Or is it related to its drivers?

Thanks in advance.

Ragards...
Old 2nd October 2006
BS.Player Master

No, it's related to MP3 hardware acceleration. Basically, if you find in the audio control panel the option to disable harware acceleration for MP3 then the problem will go away. I remember I've searched at your first post about the Vibra soundcard (I knew at that moment that the problem is in here but didn't find nothing to point in a good direction)
Old 2nd October 2006
BS.Player Power User

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
No, it's related to MP3 hardware acceleration. Basically, if you find in the audio control panel the option to disable harware acceleration for MP3 then the problem will go away. I remember I've searched at your first post about the Vibra soundcard (I knew at that moment that the problem is in here but didn't find nothing to point in a good direction)
My Vibra 128 model is CT4810. In Control Panel you can decrease hardware acceleration also sampling quality,

But are you sure new drivers won't solve video and audio skip problem when playing Divx or MPEG2 files?

Thank you...
Old 3rd October 2006
BS.Player Master

It's BSPlayer's problem, not driver's.
Old 3rd October 2006
BS.Player Power User

Quote:
It's BSPlayer's problem, not driver's.
But i also experienced that with players except BSPlayer, such as Windows Media Player.

1- :arrow: Also, when i'm using my on-board chip C-MEDIA CMI8738, no skip or jump problem occured with BSPLAYER... So?

Is there something between BSPlayer with Creative Vibra CT4810?

2- :arrow: Also i want to ask that: Is it normal for MPEG2 files to be opened harder than smooth Divx files? I found that MPEG2 files (Ligos Decoder) are opened harder than Divx files. For expample if you care very very sensitively, at the first second of MPEG2 files' audio has 0.5 second stoppage, cut by hearing your hears.

Please tell me the natural, normal behaviours of MPEG2 files... Best regards...

Thanks.
Old 3rd October 2006
BS.Player Master

The problem is related to MPEG decoding (layer 2 for MPEG2 and layer 3 for MP3) on wich some sound cards do have hardware accelereation. Like some video cards for example have x264 or wmv accelereation. You didn't experienced any trouble with CMI, isn't it ? Why ? Because it doesn't have any hardware decoding capabilities.
Old 5th October 2006
BS.Player Power User

Quote:
The problem is related to MPEG decoding (layer 2 for MPEG2 and layer 3 for MP3) on wich some sound cards do have hardware accelereation. Like some video cards for example have x264 or wmv accelereation. You didn't experienced any trouble with CMI, isn't it ? Why ? Because it doesn't have any hardware decoding capabilities.
Thanks for reply. No skipping occured when using C-MEDIA 8738 on-board.

Additionaly please reply:

My C-MEDIA 8738 is on-board sound chip, but if you decrease hardware acceleration, i experience slow-down for a few seconds when playing videos, although you said there's no hardware acceleration for C-MEDIA?

:arrow: Also i want to ask this when using C-MEDIA 8738 driver with 5.12.644: I see "Discontinuity" statisctic as "1" only when opening every MPEG1-2 files under Filters->Advanced->DirectSound Device->Advanced Statisctis tab.

What does it mean or is it a problem? I don't experience when opening Divx Files, only when opening MPEG files...(not codec related, i tested)
Old 5th October 2006
BS.Player Master

CMI 8738 it's host based chip. It uses the main CPU for hardware accelereation (like most of the sound chips). Creative chips (talking about home users) are basically the single ones who do have real hardware acceleration over MPEG files.
About the discontinuity, don't know what to tell. But I don't think you hear something.
Old 5th October 2006
BS.Player Power User

Quote:
CMI 8738 it's host based chip. It uses the main CPU for hardware accelereation (like most of the sound chips). Creative chips (talking about home users) are basically the single ones who do have real hardware acceleration over MPEG files.
About the discontinuity, don't know what to tell. But I don't think you hear something.
Thanks adicoto, I only get "Discontinuity" statistic as "1" ONLY WHEN i launch any MPEG files, after opening MPEG files, the playback goes fine. So, should i concern or not?

:arrow: Also, i'm surprised why a hardware sound-card(Creative Vibra 128 CT4810) can cause randomly skipping-jumping problem by its own...Because this self-skipping also applied to video with audio. I mean, a sound-card also can make the video out of sync surprisingly, if the hardware capability of sound card is not strong enough...

Regards...
Old 5th October 2006
BS.Player Master

No, I don't think you should concern about it. Now you make me fell sorry I've sold my CMI-8738 some 3 years ago. Could have done some tests right now :D
If you do a google using "creative soundcard skipping" as keyword you'll find a lots of people complaining about same problem, even using audio players, not necesarly video ones. Sorry, but nothing is perfect.
Old 9th October 2006
BS.Player Power User

Quote:
No, I don't think you should concern about it. Now you make me fell sorry I've sold my CMI-8738 some 3 years ago. Could have done some tests right now :D
If you do a google using "creative soundcard skipping" as keyword you'll find a lots of people complaining about same problem, even using audio players, not necesarly video ones. Sorry, but nothing is perfect.
Thank you again, and i also want to ask this: Are you SURE that this self-skipping problem can't be fixed if i install another DRIVERS for Vibra 128 (CT4810 -ESS1371 chip) ? (ı have original CD of Vibra 128)

And, what happens if I buy Creative Audigy Value for performance?

:arrow: About "Discontinuity" statistic, i found out all of DirectX 9 based systems has that statistic as "1" if you run an MPEG stream...(not sound chip related :) )

With my best wishes...
Old 9th October 2006
BS.Player Master

If you search this forum you will find many posts concerning Creative soundcards.
If you search the google, you will find many posts about Creative soundcards, problems about them and their drivers.

http://forums.creative.com/creativel...essage.id=2319

http://forums.creative.com/creativel...=294981#M57141
Old 10th October 2006
BS.Player Power User

Quote:
If you search this forum you will find many posts concerning Creative soundcards.
If you search the google, you will find many posts about Creative soundcards, problems about them and their drivers.

http://forums.creative.com/creativel...essage.id=2319

http://forums.creative.com/creativel...=294981#M57141
Yes, i see. In my territory Creative Sound Cards are the most popular and available sound cards. So, it seems there's no fix for my very old Vibra 128 via installing another drivers. Am i right?

Also, it would be kind of you describing amounts of hardware acceleration decrease levels for sound cards...

Additionaly, i meet by chance to this skipping issue while playing mpeg2 or divx videos (having mp2 and mp3 audio codecs) if my problem is really related to Creative Vibra 128 (CT4810)...

Note: I'm sorry and apologize for extending this topic, but i want to be sure about my questions in my mind...
Old 10th October 2006
BS.Player Master

I am not sure I understand what you want exactly :?:

Offtopic
I am also Kimi's fan
Old 13th October 2006
BS.Player Power User

Quote:
I am not sure I understand what you want exactly :?:

Offtopic
I am also Kimi's fan
1-I mean, can the skipping issue be solved by installing another drivers of Creative?

2-There are 4 levels of Hardware Acceleration in Windows, how much should a Vibra 128 user decrease to a stable sound operation?

He,he i love Kimi, too...
Old 13th October 2006
BS.Player Master

1. As far as I know, no driver can help you in this case. Sorry.
Offtopic, a frient just bought an Audigy2 sound card. Tested 4-5 drivers. Now he is selling the soundcard at half price after 3 days of use. When loading in a game the computer reboots by itself. But multimedia works OK, so I wll ask him about the drivers he use without problem in multimedia and get back to you soon as I have an answer.
2. I don't know, and I don't have a Vibra to test it. So, try to reduce acceleration one step at a time and analise the results, OK ? If you see that some point the results ara OK, then please tell us by posting in here so this way many other users will be helped by you.

Tags
jump, randomly, skip, videos