Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 28th September 2006
BS.Player Newbie

spooksman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Subtitle help.

Hi

I guess its pretty obvious that I've problems with subtitles but before that, let me explain that I did read a number of threads that other people have with subtitles. Including the Read before posting sticky up there. The fact that I am not really a computer wiz may explained why I still cannot solve my problem.

In any case, this is my problem.

I was trying to manually make my own subtitles using SubCreator and after doing a few lines, decided to test it on an .mpg file. I've made 3 different formats of the sub, namely .ss, .srt and .txt. I named each and everyone as the same filename with the mpeg that they are supposed to work with. Well they didnt work, not one of them. Tried loading the automatically, dragging them to the "area", uninstalling (includes deleting the application paths) and reinstalling, updating my forceware to the latest one, didnt work as well.

Ok i was using the latest build BSplayer that you can get on the webby right now and since it didnt work, I uninstalled everything and reinstalled with a much older version namely, 137.826 (main reason being it has no adware yay!) but it didnt help. Now I'm not sure what else you need to know but if it helps, I'm using XP Professional with Service Pack 2. Oh, I have DIVX codec installed and also AC3.

I hope someone can help me.

My thanks in advance.
Old 28th September 2006
BS.Player Power User

J7N is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Subtitle help.

Do any other subtitles created by other people work?
Maybe post here the few lines of the subtitle code you have written.
You can also try to open (and edit) your subtitles in Subtitle Workshop by URUSoft and see if they work there. You can load a movie and preview the sub script.
Old 30th September 2006
BS.Player Newbie

spooksman is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried the SubWorkshop you suggested and it works!

Although I really like using Subcreator because its shortcuts are really easy and intuitive!

I suppose i got the format wrong somehow...

Tags
subtitle