Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Shortcuts don't work (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=8047)

Digiface 2nd December 2006 01:06 AM

Shortcuts don't work

I can't change player window size with mouse middle scroll button and can't go to fullscreen by double clicking window. These problems came with version 2.12 build 941. Is this bug?

BSPeter 2nd December 2006 01:25 AM

No problem here!
Maybe you've (perhaps unintentionally?) been playing around with "Key definitions & WinLIRC" under Options > Preferences?
Anyhow:
check (for both "Windowed mode" and "Full screen mode")
the defined value of "Full screen switch"
(should be [F] resp. [Mouse Left+DblClick])
and check (for "Windowed mode")
the defined values of Resize movie window - and Resize movie window +
(should be [Wheel down] and [Num -] resp. [Wheel up and [Num +]).
(The values mentioned as "should be" are the default values).
To restore all default values in one go (losing all your changed settings!), you can also (while BSPlayer is not active!) rename or delete the file "BSplayer.xml" in (WinXP) C:\Documents and Settings\Yourname\Application Data\BSplayer\ (or \BSPlayer Pro\) and after that start BSPlayer again.
:wink:
(P.S.: Which version of BSPlayer are you presently using?)

Digiface 2nd December 2006 02:06 AM

Those Key definitions settings were OK. I'm using version mentioned in first message.

Digiface 5th December 2006 03:28 AM

Well i noticed that any keyboard or mouse shortcuts don't work. I deleted BSplayer.xml, but there was no affect. This problem came with version 2.12 build 941.

Tizio 5th December 2006 11:01 AM

Really an odd thing... I don't have problems with v2.12, and I tried it with 3 PCs and on 2 virtual machines (WinME and WinVista) and I had no problems..

Try to uninstall it and delete all BSplayer's folders then reinstall it. Strange that even by deleting the BSplayer.xml file the problem persists.. :?

But are you able to change key assignements in Preferences window? Is BSplayer able to capture your keypress?

BSPeter 5th December 2006 01:02 PM

You aren't using any special keyboard, now are you?
Or any program stealing focus?

petrpublic 15th November 2007 01:24 PM

I can confirm this too :-(

As I remember, BSPLAYER displayed error when opening AVI movie and then all shortcuts stopped working, I am using "F" for fullscreen mode very often.

BTW mouse stopped working in movie window, I can click once to get main window focused, but doubleclick for fullscreenmode doesn't work.

I have 2.20 under Windows XP SP2

Tizio 15th November 2007 01:35 PM

And have you already tried to:
- Restore default shortcuts by using the corresponding button in preferences window?
- or to delete BSplayer settings file (bsplayer.xml located in installation dir or in documents and settings.....)?
- or to update your BSplayer version to the latest one?

petrpublic 15th November 2007 02:09 PM

Thanks Tizio, I tried default button and they are working correctly now.

Tizio 15th November 2007 02:48 PM