Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Bsplayer won't work with Nero filters requesting MP4 support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=8193)

kimiraikkonen 24th February 2007 11:35 AM

Bsplayer won't work with Nero filters requesting MP4 support

I had some Nero Digital filters which came with Nero 6.6.1.4 (cd burning software).

For example i had a .mp4 file and tried to open with Bsplayer (although there is no .mp4 extension support in Bsplayer-i use 1.41 pro), the colours of video were a shock. The video was playing but there was only green and black vertical weird lines... Also there was not a sound.

Shotly, then installed videsoft h.264/avc decoder and although its merit is ''preferred'' and the filter is ''registered'', Bsplayer and Windows Media Player did not run this .mp4 video.

I only had a strange solution but not satisfied,I had installed single a Nero h.264/AVC codec which came with this .mp4 movie's package, worked well.

Any suggestions for best .MP4 combinations?

Why does not Bsplayer support .mp4 extension support?

And There is problems with Nero filters with using Bsplayer instead of Windows Media Player...

Probaly this .mp4 file created with Nero? That's because no other .mp4 filters(did not except Videosoft) saw this file to decode.
Thanks.

kimiraikkonen 2nd March 2007 08:09 PM

Why doesn't Nero Digital encoded files or files decoding with Nero Digital codec compatible with BsPlayer? I saw horrible green and black vertical lines during decoding with Bsplayer.

adicoto 2nd March 2007 09:32 PM

Nero it's a long known problem for BSPlayer. But never had any problem playing MP4 files.

kimiraikkonen 3rd March 2007 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto
Nero it's a long known problem for BSPlayer. But never had any problem playing MP4 files.

I had weird display when decoding the mp4 extension file with Nero Digital Codec came with Nero 6.6.1.4 playing via Bsplayer.

Media Player Classic displayed video OK with the same system (maybe it has a built-in Mp4 decoder or gets on well with Nero files)

What is the complete solution of playing .mp4 files healty with Bsplayer?
Codecs, splitters etc...

Thanks.

adicoto 3rd March 2007 08:25 AM

AFAIK, the best solution for MP4 files is 3ivX codec (splitter, encoder, decoder).

J7N 3rd March 2007 02:23 PM

Media Player Classic has its own Gabest's MP4 Splitter built-in.

kimiraikkonen 12th March 2007 06:32 PM

Quote:

AFAIK, the best solution for MP4 files is 3ivX codec (splitter, encoder, decoder).

I installed 3ivx latest and tried to open file via Bsplayer with no display! There is sound and when look filters in use, i cannot see a ''video decoder'' for this .mp4

Indeed, Quicktime 7.1 opens video with sound but not smooth, with corruption (maybe video's nature has corruption due to poor encoding).

adicoto 12th March 2007 09:33 PM

If the file was created using an MPEG4AVC encoding option then you will also need an AVC decoder such as CoreAVC.

kimiraikkonen 16th March 2007 05:15 PM

Quote:

If the file was created using an MPEG4AVC encoding option then you will also need an AVC decoder such as CoreAVC.

I don't know CoreAVC is limited for using because of not being free.

I dowloaded media player classic 6.4 but it cannot open .mp4 files but quicktime does. MPC opens only audio of stream.

Which is the total and free solution for watching .mp4 files in BSplayer?
3ivx is enough or addtional filters?(I was installed 3ivx with no display in .mp4 playback)

Thank you...

J7N 16th March 2007 05:20 PM

If you are unable to acquire (cough) CoreAVC, you can use a recent build of ffdshow. Its H.264 decoder is a bit slower, but will do for most streams.

kimiraikkonen 16th March 2007 05:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the screenshot with no video only audio is hearable...

BSPeter 16th March 2007 05:43 PM

What version/build of BSPlayer are you using?
:wink:

kimiraikkonen 16th March 2007 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter
What version/build of BSPlayer are you using?
:wink:

Old 1.41 build 832 PRO.

kimiraikkonen 20th March 2007 09:22 PM

Could you help by looking at the screenshot? (previous post)

WMP9 cannot open like Bsplayer. But Quicktime opens although i don't make sure Quicktime needs 3ivx to decode mp4 files.

Note: 3ivx is installed.