Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 6th March 2007
BS.player Regular User

Farlight is on a distinguished road
Default Color control settings

Where is the settings for the color control stored? I checked the bsplayer.xml but I can't seem to find it. Not sure, but I got a little annoying problem that it don't seem to want to save the setting sometimes, but not always which is what's annoying.
Old 7th March 2007
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Just a wild idea: could it maybe depend on the codec/filter used?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 7th March 2007
BS.player Regular User

Yeah thanks for some wild advice :D, could be FFDShow messing it up somehow (ONLY codec I use unless I play RM or MOV files..) as this is the only option for color control....still I don't use the "color picture" properties in FFDShow and they don't change either but the color control trough the right click menu changes... O well.

Just need to know where this option is stored so I can write protect the file until it's fixed or I findout what the problem is lol
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also on another topic I was playing around with my capturing USB device (Dazzle DVC150) and got it working but my problem is this;

The device has a max resolution of PAL 720x576@25 FPS (Max for analog) but BSPlayer isn't letting me change the frame rate to 25 trough the capturing menu settings, instead it persist to set the frame rate to 29 and then force my video card to change resolution to the max resolution for NTSC and that is unsupported by my device, so I get a nice green screen.

To get around this I edited the bsplayer.xml file manually and set it to 25 along with the right proportions (720x576), this works for now so it's cool but can anyoneelse encode PAL here at this res? If so does BSPlayer mess with the FPS or not?
Old 11th March 2007
BS.player Regular User

Fixy half my problem, the color control is the same control for your display-overlay-color-settings, so change that and you change the BSPlayer color control.
Old 11th March 2007
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farlight
Also on another topic I was playing around with my capturing USB device (Dazzle DVC150) and got it working but my problem is this;

The device has a max resolution of PAL 720x576@25 FPS (Max for analog) but BSPlayer isn't letting me change the frame rate to 25 trough the capturing menu settings, instead it persist to set the frame rate to 29 and then force my video card to change resolution to the max resolution for NTSC and that is unsupported by my device, so I get a nice green screen.

To get around this I edited the bsplayer.xml file manually and set it to 25 along with the right proportions (720x576), this works for now so it's cool but can anyoneelse encode PAL here at this res? If so does BSPlayer mess with the FPS or not?
If you just enter numerically the frame rate, when you close the settings window the changes will not be taken. Instead, to change the frame rate use the arrows near the text box ;)
Old 11th March 2007
BS.Player Power User

kimiraikkonen is an unknown quantity at this point

Your VGA card's control panel should show overlay and other color settings, although i'm playing a video, the color controls are still locked in Nvidia control panel (display properties).

I also ask this: When should i enter to display properties of my Nvidia card to adjust my gamma,contrast other settings???
(Geforce4 MX440-maybe i'm not allowed to do this but it must allow as per user guide)

Forceware:84.21

Thanks.
Old 11th March 2007
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiraikkonen
the color controls are still locked in Nvidia control panel (display properties)
Standard mode or Advanced mode (at bottom left)?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 11th March 2007
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Quote:

If you just enter numerically the frame rate, when you close the settings window the changes will not be taken. Instead, to change the frame rate use the arrows near the text box
Thanks but I'm sorry to say that your suggestion doesn't help, it does the same thing as before, jumps back to 29.97 and Iv even tried to smack the monitor but that doesn't seem to work either. :lol:
Quote:
Your VGA card's control panel should show overlay and other color settings, although i'm playing a video, the color controls are still locked in Nvidia control panel (display properties).

I also ask this: When should i enter to display properties of my Nvidia card to adjust my gamma,contrast other settings???
(Geforce4 MX440-maybe i'm not allowed to do this but it must allow as per user guide)

Forceware:84.21

Thanks.
Correct it's the "Color-Correction settings" where you change Brightness, Contrast whiles the Hue and Saturation is located under the "Video Overlay Settings" basically it's the same as the color control does for BSPlayer.

BTW you could checkout http://www.ngohq.com for optimized drivers to your Nvidia card, they got the latest forceware too. I prefer there forceware because they use new drivers and forceware but keeps the old Nivid control panel and not that "new" html crap.
Old 12th March 2007
BS.Player Power User

I think Bsplayer determines ''optimal'' color settings for EACH VGA in its ''color controls feature'' menu, i say this because i tried the same version of Bsplayer on 2 different VGA-based computer with same movie file, and the settings were different such as contrast and brightness...

Additionaly, Nvidia's color correction feature makes video jittery if you use during playbak as you have to.
Old 12th March 2007
BS.Player Master

http://www.bsplayer.com/forum/viewto...?p=18591#18591
Old 12th March 2007
BS.Player Power User

Is uninstalling and re-installing BSplayer enough for retrieving the original color control settings if i accidenlty checked ''remember settings'' box?
Old 13th March 2007
BS.Player Master

What happens if you just click on [Default]?

Tags
color, control, settings