Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   how to remove the subtitle which is burned into the .avi (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=8900)

ironice 21st June 2008 02:13 PM

how to remove the subtitle which is burned into the .avi

subtitle is burned into the movie....its not a english subtitle...i want to remove the subtitle...is it possible???...plzz help

J7N 21st June 2008 02:17 PM

Re: how to remove the subtitle which is burned into the .avi

No, it is not possible. That's the whole meaning of hard, burned subtitles.

Tizio 21st June 2008 02:19 PM

It depends, if the file is AVI = No, you can't
If it's MKV or OGM = you can disable subtitles (or remove them from that containers)

If you want to remove the subs from an AVI file, there are tools to "mask" them (you can't completely remove them, but it's sure you'll not be able to read them aymore :lol: ), or if they really annoy you and you want to get rid of them at the cost of few pixels in the lower part of the movie, you can crop the lower side with one of several toold for video editing out there (for example VirtualDub) :roll:

J7N 21st June 2008 02:52 PM

I've seen those channel logo removals. As one might guess it's a joke. Cropping involves re-encoding, which is a big no-no.

The best bet is to look for another copy.

Tizio 21st June 2008 05:33 PM

But to look for another copy usually implies copyright infringement :roll:
And we can't suggest it here :twisted:

But if in this case it's a legal to be downloaded content, go search a better source, it's the better way to go (and maybe the only one, as said by J7N) ;)

Px 22nd June 2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

It depends, if the file is AVI = No, you can't
If it's MKV or OGM = you can disable subtitles (or remove them from that containers)
Better to explain in hardsub (subtitles are part of picture) and softsub (subtitles are text merged with picture), because there is a way to use softsub inside avi, and also I see many hardsubbed ogg and mkv (mainly french and spanish)...

Tizio 22nd June 2008 03:07 PM

Never heard of the suftsubs in avi containers :shock:
And for the hardsubbed MKVs and OGMs: Bad bad bad approach :evil:

Px 22nd June 2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

Never heard of the suftsubs in avi containers :shock:
Submux tool from Vobsub package...

J7N 24th June 2008 12:49 AM

1) The very existence of BS.Player presumes "infringed" material. Even if anime is usually tolerated, it's still technically piracy.

2) His first copy is 95% already from an "infringing" source and it then matters not if you infringe once or twice.

cranfillbaker 18th October 2013 06:40 AM

i also has a need for remove subtitles from avi files, and after a long google search, i finally find a video tutorial on how to remove subtitles from mkv

after free trial, it also helps to remove subtitles from avi, vob, mp4, wmv, mov, hope it also helps for you

Rossanolove 21st October 2013 09:45 AM

We all have the issue in adding or removing subtitles for videos. Don't worry. Google is your best assistant. Just key in "Remove subtitle" or "Add subtitle", many ways pop up.

One of them is Bigasoft Total Video Converter. I tried it and found it works well.

Hope you'll find your right hand. :teeth:

hurgerarder 18th August 2014 08:18 AM

There are so many subtitles remover available online but before going to download or purchase, find out the best subtitles remover like Faasoft Video Converter.

justfaced 12th January 2016 07:22 AM

You can use Avdshare Video Converter to removing subtitles from MKV with the help of an MKV Subtitle Remover named MKV Subtitle Remover.