Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21st October 2008
BS.Player Newbie

nankuranaisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i need some help please.

i really enjoy bs player but something i cant seem to get to work and i google, searched but i cant find the exact same problem so i would appreciate some assistance.

problem:

i used to play files with a simple player like mpc (classic media player)
the feature i like is full screen and since i have a 4:3 screen i love to be able to make a small wide screen video into a fully scaled full screen version with no black bars. it actually stretches and resizes the image to appropriate proportions

( this isnt like pan scan which alows you to enlarge the picture but in full screen a pan scan in bs player you loose like half the picture outside the monitor) which is not what i want.

the setting in mpc is really simple and almost looks the same in bs player, just put setting to fullscreen and set to 4:3 it works for like 1 split second in bs player then it switches back to widescreen with 2 black bars.

i tried every setting that looked like it would stop switching back to default
but i just cant find the right one.

so i want full screen with 4:3 without the bars obviously without it switching back to default. settings that seemed to work for 1 seconds before switching back are: full screen , turn of keep aspect ratio then turn on 4:3 for a split second i get what i want then it switches right back to small size with black bars (widescreen)

hope i didnt hit you with a wall of text and the question is simple enough for someone to come up with an answer.

thanks in advance

adiosu
Old 21st October 2008
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

I assume you don't want the screen to be distorted (keep aspect ratio).
You could, in full screen mode, try step-wise pan-scan using [+] & [-] of numeric keyboard.
([5] of numeric keybourd will undo pan-scan)
You could try movie-mode by depressing [M].
and you could try
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Video (> [General])
there check (select) the box "Cut top and bottom of video in full screen mode"
Is any of these options meeting your wishes?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 6th November 2008
BS.Player Newbie

nankuranaisa is an unknown quantity at this point

no that is not what i mean

when i use media player classic i can use 4:3 setting then alt+enter for a full screen mode , i have a 4:3 monitor and i would like to watch the movie without blackbars so it occupies the whole monitor.

i do not want it to keep aspect ratio, i disabled the option just like i would
in media player classic then i enable the option 4:3 just like i would in media player classic it all works fine for 1 second that is then it switches back to widescreen with black bars i dont want that

no matter which setting i tried it keeps going back to widescreen 16:9 eventhough it says 4:3 and the black bars take off half what i would otherwise see in media player classic, i dont care if the picture will be distorted i just want to use and view a movie full screen.

and i dont think in media player classic when i choose 4;3 fullscreen without keeping aspect ratio is distorted at all, it is smart stretched without loosing the picture on the side of the screen, like it would do if i would use panscanning which is also not what i would like, it is similar to the vista feature where a small size photo can smart scale the whole desktop without it being stretched unrecognizable

thanks for the reply though i really appreciate it
Old 6th November 2008
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Press shift + 3 ;)
While playing the file.
Old 6th November 2008
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

So you want this (picture at the right):

First select 4:3 as default aspect ratio under
(rightclick > ) Options > Preferences > Playlist
Further deselect "Keep aspect ratio" under
(rightclick > ) Video.
Then follow adicoto's advice or (alternatively)
(rightclick >) Video > Aspect ratio ... select 4:3.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!