Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Subtitles

Subtitles Post question about BS.Player and subtitles (srt sub ssa mkv) here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 24th December 2009
BS.Player Newbie

newuser is on a distinguished road
Default Extra subtitle (unwanted) =/

Hi all, first of all im new to bsplayer and I have mkv files I want to play but I notice there are extra subtitles for the video I have. while I dont see it in other media players I do see it in bsplayer. And I dont mean 2 simultaneous one but extra subs after original ones. I was wondering is there anyway to fix this. and the subtitle is written by someone name 'nazo' or something call 'nazo' this might be an addition from bs player but i dont want it how do I fix or remove this.

thx in adv!
n merry xmas!
Old 24th December 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Insufficient data to give one specific reply.
Anyhow...
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles
There you will see three tags [Subtitle properties] [VobSub] [Online subtitles]
The settings under the first and third tag are most relevant I think.
Of "Props" try if a different setting of the top two and bottom three are of influence.
Note: you didn't mention which version/build of BS.Player you're using.
In my last (beta) build 1019 the bottom option is "Disable embedded subtitles"
Re. "Online subs" e.g. try not enabling those.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 27th December 2009
BS.Player Newbie

gtr5ed45e is on a distinguished road

I don't want to open another topic for this but does anyone know where these subtitles are saved in the bs player directory? I don't have any "cache" directory as I found somewhere written... it's not hidden either, there is no other directory under "my documents". also searching for the sub file name gives no result. the subs are displaying just fine, I only need the files. using bsplayer 1017.
thanks in advance,
Old 27th December 2009
BS.Player Master

If subtitles are embedded, well ... then they are embedded ... like embedded within the (container)file itself, which you're playing.
If this is not what you intended to ask, please provide more information!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 28th December 2009
BS.Player Newbie

no, I wasn't talking about the embedded subs but the ones you can download with bsplayer when you start a movie... I mean the physical files name.srt or whatever extension they have.. after I download them it's impossible to find them in my comp. (most likely they are renamed by bsp) and that's why I was asking about the directory / path where these files are usually saved.. except for cache :)
Old 28th December 2009
BS.Player Master

http://forum.bsplayer.com/answered-s...html#post37457
Old 29th December 2009
BS.Player Newbie

great. thanks a lot for the help

Tags
extra, subtitle, unwanted