Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Subtitles

Subtitles Post question about BS.Player and subtitles (srt sub ssa mkv) here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 7th March 2010
BS.Player Newbie

onebigoaf is on a distinguished road
Default subtitles black out screen

Whenever I run subtitles in any movie, whenever subtitles are displayed, the movie screen goes black. This happens at any size of window from miniplayer mode through full screen. The subtitles also display over themselves in the sequence in which they appear in the movie. Whenever there is a break in subtitles (a scene without dialogue) the video reappears.

This black-out also happens when I adjust the volume because the volume level information on the screen is displayed.

The audio in all of this is uninterrupted.

I'm running Windows 7 64x.
Old 14th March 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Roosty is on a distinguished road

Hi,

im getting the same error. Screen goes black, when subtitles come on screen or if i change the volume. Subtitles are double (or maybe even stacking upon each other). When subtitles dissapear, the picture comes back.

I tried it with Divx 7 PRO and K-Lite Codec Pack, but im getting the same error.

Any help ?

Thanks
Old 14th March 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Version/build of BS.Player?
We always advise against codec-packs.
What codec/filter is used by BS.Player when you have this problem?
With a moviefile loaded:
rightclick > Options > Filters > Advanced
(Clicking on the [+]-signs reveals further info and access)
Maybe read this post (click here).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 14th March 2010
BS.Player Newbie

I tried it on 2.43 and 2.51, its the same. I tried it on one earlier version too, that i used to run on XP with no problems. I still get the same problem. So i guess it must be the codecs or sth. I tried installing official Divx 7 PRO codec, but no difference.

I can specify the problem a bit more:
If i load a movie and jump to some other part of the movie (scene A), i get a delay: the audio plays immediately, but the picture starts running only after a second or two. For that second or two, the picture shows black screen (picture 1) or a still from the scene where i jumped to. Also in the upper left corner i get two time showings and percentage of a jump. When subtitles come on screen, the screen shows a black screen/still of scene A and the subtitle text (picture 2). As you see the subtitle text that comes first is OK, but then its always present in the background when 2nd, 3rd (etc.) subtitle text comes on screen (picture 3). In the middle when there is no subtitle text to show, the picture is OK, no jumping.

I get this subtitles problem with all movies im running. Always present is also the delay and double time in the upper left corner, when jumping to the middle of a movie, regardless if i have load the subtitles or not.

Is that enough information ? Would you need some more ?

Thanks!

Picture 1:

Picture 2:

Picture 3:
Old 14th March 2010
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

I assume this is rather related to overlay and the way it's handeled. So, first thing, I assume you are using "EVR" as rendering methode (BSPLayer select it as default). So, please try changin this to any other methode )(rightclick -> options -> preferences -> vide -> video rendering". I suggest to try first VMR9 renderless and after internal renderer default.
Second, as BSPeter asked in the post above, please state here the exact codecs used to play the files.
Old 14th March 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Yes, that was it! When i changed the rendering mode, the delay and double subtitles were fixed.
So is this a case of incompatibility of Windows 7 and EVR ? Or is sth else the cause of EVR not working properly under Win 7 ?

Could you please help me with these two problems too:
1.) When i load subtitles in the middle of the movie, the movie stops and plays from start
2.) My color contrast doesnt work, regardless which Rendering method i choose

I checked the codec (options > filters > advanced > ffdshow Video Decoder > ffdshow > Codecs) and its libavcodec.

Thanks!
Old 14th March 2010
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

I rather believe that your videocard drivers ar not OK. Are the drivers up to date ?
Old 14th March 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Yes, the drivers are fine. I have a Gigabyte Radeon 5770. I installed the ones that came in the package and also the latest ones. The problems are the same

I forgot to mention, none of the color adjustment sliders work, not just the contrast ...
Old 14th January 2017
BS.Player Newbie

demclaudiu44 is on a distinguished road
Default BLACKOUT SCREEN

TRY THIS:OPTION\PREFERENCES\VIDEO\VIDEO RENDERING CHANGE TO INTERNAL RENDERER DIRECTDRAW SURFACE
Old 21st June 2020
BS.Player Newbie

milen is on a distinguished road
Default not see sub file into folder

i have similar problem like yours usualy if have any eror line masages for sub or srt file just open the file find line ane replace delete info with similar to other line save buton then start sub file again my problem is different only 1 file have this problem just not show srt file into menu with vlc plaer work without problems.... seening this problem befor 2002 and from time to time ..sry for my eng .. not needed usualy . bsplayer work like not have sub file in same folder with exact same name like video i grab file and put it on video window .. same situation .... anybody know how to fix this ?

Tags
black, black screen, screen, subtitles