Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Subtitles

Subtitles Post question about BS.Player and subtitles (srt sub ssa mkv) here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 24th October 2010
BS.Player Newbie

ags84 is on a distinguished road
Default few problems with my BS player srt subtitles

hey guys, i have a few problems with my BS player.. i hope somebody can help me out.

Details:
BS player Pro Ver 2.56 Build 1043

Problems:

1. BS player searches for online subtitles even though i have the movies subtitles in its folder.

2. i have set Default subtitles language as english (Code: eng) in preferences. still when BS player subtitles popup window open, it preselects all available subtitles ( each and every language)

3. few times, selected subtitles wont download. it just says download complete but no subtitle is actually downloaded.

if u guys need any more details pls feel free to ask me...

and pls help me out with these problems.

thank you.
Old 24th October 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ags84 View Post
hey guys, i have a few problems with my BS player.. i hope somebody can help me out.

Details:
BS player Pro Ver 2.56 Build 1043

Problems:

1. BS player searches for online subtitles even though i have the movies subtitles in its folder.

2. i have set Default subtitles language as english (Code: eng) in preferences. still when BS player subtitles popup window open, it preselects all available subtitles ( each and every language)

3. few times, selected subtitles wont download. it just says download complete but no subtitle is actually downloaded.

if u guys need any more details pls feel free to ask me...

and pls help me out with these problems.

thank you.
(0) Suppose you mean .srt in stead of .wrt subtitles?
(1) Is "Download only if local subtitles are not available" selected/checked?
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles > [Online subtitles]
(2) This should be repaired in latest beta (version 2.57.1045); please try.
(3) Please also test latest beta.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 24th October 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
(0) Suppose you mean .srt in stead of .wrt subtitles?
(1) Is "Download only if local subtitles are not available" selected/checked?
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles > [Online subtitles]
(2) This should be repaired in latest beta (version 2.57.1045); please try.
(3) Please also test latest beta.

"Download only if local subtitles are not available" is already activated. still it searches for subtitles.

u mean, 2.57 is out?? but when i search for updates ( by right click > about BS player > check for updates) all i get is, i have latest version installed.

not sure what else to do

i uninstalled and reinstalled many time. still no use.
Old 24th October 2010
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

I believe your problems are in windows 7 in fact and not in BSPlayer. BSPlayer doesn't save its settings and also doesn't save subtitles to be available if the folder(s) onto it's writing are protected by UAC or are set as "read only" . Go to control panel -> users and disable UAC and after, unset "read only" for your "program files" folder.

2.57 is a beta and can be downloaded only from the site.
Old 25th October 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto View Post
I believe your problems are in windows 7 in fact and not in BSPlayer. BSPlayer doesn't save its settings and also doesn't save subtitles to be available if the folder(s) onto it's writing are protected by UAC or are set as "read only" . Go to control panel -> users and disable UAC and after, unset "read only" for your "program files" folder.

2.57 is a beta and can be downloaded only from the site.

UAC was disabled from the time i installed win7. so i dont think thats the problem here.

should i have to pay for this update as well?? or do i get it for free??
Old 25th October 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

When you bought Pro-version you actually bought "BS.Player PRO + 12 months subscription to updates and upgrades". So within those 12 months no additional (licence)fees are due; not for updates nor for upgrades!
In that connection please log into your user area (click here).
You can then click on "License information" to see until what date your licence is valid/active. (Your licence-key is also stored there. E.g. if you lost it, you can re-send it to your email address.)
If you click on Download/Upgrade BS.Player, you can always download current/latest or older versions upto the expiry of your licence. Ever after your licence expired, you can still download all versions which were released upto the expiry-date (which is a good thing e.g. when your PC crashed *) and you want to re-install your purchased software.)
Also latest Beta version (if any) can be downloaded there.

*):
In this connection it is evident that you need to make sure that you're able to retrieve your username for BS.Player website (your e-mail address) and your password for BS.Player website (so store them in a safe place)!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
player, subtitles, wrt