Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Subtitles

Subtitles Post question about BS.Player and subtitles (srt sub ssa mkv) here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 19th May 2012
BS.Player Newbie

elsmoke is on a distinguished road
Default evr render subtitles wont show on black bar under overlay

Windows 7, bs player pro 2.62 beta (also tryed 2.61),evr renderer with enable drawing subtitles checked, draw to overlay unchecked

I can move up the subtitles but never down in the -something range, with almost every other renderer i can make this happen but the video starts to skip forward every few seconds and is very annoying, please help!!
Old 19th May 2012
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

So you did select/check: "Enable drawing subtitles under image with EVR renderer" (Activar trazado de subtítulos con renderizado EVR) ?
Did you also select "Use new subtitle parser/renderer? (Usar analizador/traductor de subtítulos nuevo) ?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 19th May 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
So you did select/check: "Enable drawing subtitles under image with EVR renderer" (Activar trazado de subtítulos con renderizado EVR) ?
Did you also select "Use new subtitle parser/renderer? (Usar analizador/traductor de subtítulos nuevo) ?
Thanks for the quick answer, yes they are both checked
Old 19th May 2012
BS.Player Master

As a purchaser of Pro-version, you're entitled to get direct email support from BS.Player team.
You can contact them using this webform. Did you do that already?
Did you already try what happens if you use legacy (='old') subs-engine?
Type of subs? Do you have this problem with any type of video-file?
Which codecs/filters does BS.Player use for playback?
(To find out: (with a file loaded) rightclick > Options > Filters > Advanced. (Clicking on "Source" and on the +signs in front of the filters/codecs shown, will reveal further info and access.))

(Did you already happen to come across this thread?)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 19th May 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsmoke View Post
Thanks for the quick answer, yes they are both checked
is there any way to use an external filter like directvobsub to handdle my subtitles and how would i do that¿
Old 20th May 2012
BS.Player Master

Yes that's also possible without any problem, but you totally disregard my previous post, so I wonder why. Aren't you a registered Pro user?
Old 21st May 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
Yes that's also possible without any problem, but you totally disregard my previous post, so I wonder why. Aren't you a registered Pro user?
No im a pro user, but i find the forum much faster, anyway, thanks for the answer!
Old 21st May 2012
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Rightclick -> options -> preferences -> subtitles -> VobSub tab -> enable. You need to have VobSub installed (VSfilter)

And also, you may need to update your videocard drivers.
Old 22nd May 2012
BS.Player Master

To be more complete (and depending on the type of subtitles) maybe also the settings of "Allow intermediate filters" and "Enable advanced graph building" under Filter management [General] are relevant.
I'm afraid without any additional info like I already asked in my previous post (totally disregarded twice now) no further more specific help is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsmoke View Post
...im a pro user, but i find the forum much faster ...
This is based on what personal experience? You've just registered on the forum as a new member! Did you even ever try the webform? So I cannot help wondering ...

Tags
black, evr, render, show, subtitles