Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Subtitles (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Multiple subtitle problem. (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=21843)

[]LuCkY[] 3rd November 2013 11:26 PM

Multiple subtitle problem.

I am using 2 subtitles at same time. One down and one at top. If I put same groups subtitles, there is no problem. But if put two different groups' subtitles, they are having different timings (synchronization), then they begin to disappear and appear again. For example, when the subtitle at down appears, after half second the subtitle at top appears but at the same time the subtitle at down disappears and appears again. It looks like subtitle are blinking and it is very hard to read them. It must be fixed for future versions.

Ico-man 6th November 2013 02:35 PM

"same groups subtitles" What does this mean?

[]LuCkY[] 10th November 2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ico-man (Beitrag 67612)
"same groups subtitles" What does this mean?

Hello, by "same group" I mean the same torrent release group's subtitle. For example "Shrek.abc-group.en.srt and Shrek.abc.group.tr.srt". The both subtitles' timings are same, because they are same group's. Sometimes I can not find two subtitles belong to same group, then times are not same so I have that problem.

Ico-man 11th November 2013 12:44 PM

You should use subtitles with the same fps, to display them synchronized with video.

For example. If you play sub1 (correct fps) alone it works, the same with sub2. And then if you display them both at the same time, one or both of them flickers?

[]LuCkY[] 16th November 2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ico-man (Beitrag 67646)
You should use subtitles with the same fps, to display them synchronized with video.

For example. If you play sub1 (correct fps) alone it works, the same with sub2. And then if you display them both at the same time, one or both of them flickers?

They are both same fps (24). If I use them separately, they are ok. If I use them at same time, they flicker.

If I use the software called "Subtitle Work", it has a tool for changing timing by file (I select the first subtitle as reference), the timings of both files become same, then they do not flicker. But this time second subtitle goes slowly or faster because the are not same. So this method is not useful.

By the way I do not have that problem with other players who supports multiple subtitles.

barthelemy 17th April 2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by []LuCkY[] (Beitrag 67737)
They are both same fps (24). If I use them separately, they are ok. If I use them at same time, they flicker.

By the way I do not have that problem with other players who supports multiple subtitles.

I have the same problem, with different movies.
I use this function to learn languages.
I would also say it would be nice to fix.

I would like to know the other players that supports multiple subtitles,
can you tell us ?

barthelemy 17th April 2014 04:21 PM

I found a way to get around the problem : it still blinks once but the text comes back.
It's not comfortable but at least you can read the subs.

Here is the way I do :
I use the free software time adjuster
Also, I check the FPS of the video file (in my case 25)

I open the .str witch in my case was like this :
"
00:01:48,920 --> 00:01:51,639
(gråter)
"
and I convert it to mDVD format (specifying the 25 fps)
witch then looks like :
"
{2722}{2790}(gråter)
"

Then in BS player, I open the new subs as before.
Hope it helps

Haider01 30th October 2014 12:17 AM

I want to see some film on bs player with Hebrew subtitles and the subtitles appear in the language of gibberish.
I tried to change the font but it doesn't helped.
Please help as soon as possible.
bs player v2.63.1071