Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Answered And Solved Questions (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Can't save configuration and codecs messup on 2.51 (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=11062)

AYR_ 21st February 2010 09:22 PM

Can't save configuration and codecs messup on 2.51

since i installed the 2.51 I cant save config features and the lybrary wont work properly when you want to change from a movie to the other the programm stops

besides I can't see xvid or divx movies i download and installed the codecs but nothing. Don't know what to do

Guess I shouldn't download the last version:frown:

thanks

AYR_ 21st February 2010 09:27 PM

Also when I close down the programm a message error pops up "can't save configuration file! please reinstall with default settings or choose folder with write permission.

Im the default user and administrator

BSPeter 21st February 2010 09:33 PM

Vista/Win7-user?
Disabled UAC?
:wink:

AYR_ 1st March 2010 09:06 PM

why oh why did I download the 2.5 version

Since I downloaded the new version I cant see or hear almost anything, I tried to use the Klite codecs pack but ws even worse finally I give up and uninstall everything including bsplayer Im Windows vista user 32bit :confused:

I should keept the older version :frown:

Thanks in advance to anyone who can hlp me:smile:

BSPeter 1st March 2010 10:41 PM

(I merged the two threads you started.) Are you still talking about the old new version or ... ?
(Always mention version and preferably build number so that we know for sure what you're talking about).
Latest beta - at this time ! - is 2.52.1024 (201002251216).
Also we always advised and continue to advise against using codec-packs!
Did you allow BS.Player upon installation to internally install the codecs/filters it requires? And how about:
Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter (Beitrag 40803)
Disabled UAC?

:confuse:

AYR_ 2nd March 2010 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter (Beitrag 40931)
(I merged the two threads you started.) Are you still talking about the old new version or ... ?
(Always mention version and preferably build number so that we know for sure what you're talking about).
Latest beta - at this time ! - is 2.52.1024 (201002251216).
Also we always advised and continue to advise against using codec-packs!
Did you allow BS.Player upon installation to internally install the codecs/filters it requires? And how about:
:confuse:

I erase everything codecs and bsplayer andinstall the 2.51 build 1022
I don't have any codec installed but the ones the codec manager maked me install, Im trying to play an .avi that it says AC3 ch6 48000hz 0kbit in media info.

movie starts perfect sound and video but when you skip foward or back sound stops workin' :angry: it's driving me nuts!!!

I used bsplayer for so many years now never had a problem I use to think it was such a simple soft to use... I still think it the best one around.

After this I can't either play xvid's but one at the time my Gosh thanks for the patience:smile

BSPeter 2nd March 2010 01:55 AM

Could you try 2.52.1024ß: www.bsplayer.com
(Do you use Pro or Free? If Pro: download it from your user-area)
:wink:

NicoBas 9th July 2011 04:21 PM

Can't save configuration file error

I had the same error over and over, no change reinstalling. Fixed it mysteriously by installing the beta version of 2.58 :-)