Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Answered And Solved Questions (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Weird issues with new version. (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=9856)

zombie_juggernaut 27th July 2009 05:58 AM

Weird issues with new version.

so ever since i updated to the new version today I've had nothing but trouble. first it just stopped playing most videos, (Div3 error) so i tried to find a manual way to activate the codec updater... where's that anyways? Could find no such thing. so finally just uninstalled and reinstalled, but had to install DivX myself this time, the codec manager didnt do it this time. and now that all seems to be working, it wont stay focused on bsplayer, as in i have to keep clicking on it for windows to focus on it so the keyboard will work at all with it. so yah, kinda defeats the whole wireless keyboard now, well sorta, just really annoying mostly, i loved being able to press the B key to skip files and using the carrot arrows to skip back and forth 5 seconds. I'm gonna go download an older version, just thought I'd share. And if someone could tell me how to manually activate the codec updater, just incase i need to sometime in the future, theres a cookie in it for you.

BSPeter 27th July 2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zombie_juggernaut (Beitrag 38146)
...it just stopped playing most videos, (Div3 error) .... had to install DivX myself this time.

Div3 is an older codec which DivX (7/6/5/4) cannot decode. (I could be done by DivX 3.11 alpha). So most likely installing DivX-codec didn't solve your problem (but only added to it?). Most probably your problematic movies are now decoded by ffdshow-filter. You can see which codec/filter is actually used by BS.Player for decoding a specific movie-file (when loaded) under: (rightclick >) Options > Filters > Advanced
(you can click on [+] to reveal further info; by selecting the codec/filter you can also approach its settings).

Quote:

i tried to find a manual way to activate the codec updater... where's that anyways? Could find no such thing.

As mentioned several times in this forum you can find the program codecmanager.exe inside the installation folder of BS.Player.

Quote:

i have to keep clicking on it for windows to focus on it so the keyboard will work at all with it.

Keyboard shortcut keys (whether wireless or not) should work as previously. "it" meaning control window or ...? Not quite clear to me. Is there another program that steals focus?
Maybe try: rightclick > Options > "Always on top - control window"
:wink:

zombie_juggernaut 27th July 2009 07:00 PM

ok, i see that the codec manager is a seperate program in the webteh folder in program files, i was looking under preferences in the player. thanx tho. Anyways, divx keeps stealing the focus, and it doesnt care what u do to the options, so getting older version of that too. And yes, alway on top was the first thing i tried, and it didnt do anything.

So yah just reinstalling and redownloading the codecs worked, thanx for the tip on looking at what filter is being used.

But now that all my videos play the BSPlayer options wont listen for shit. It will not stop starting in full screen mode, but both check marks for that are unchecked (the one under video and the one under playlist) but when i checked the playlist fullscreen last night to see if that would keep that focus on BSP it didnt even seem to do anything. All the sudden, today, after watching like 10 music videos and a couple foamy cartoon it just starts playing everything in fullscreen, moves the screen to the top left and resizes it all narrow and tall and super small, which is the oposite way i have set all the preferences. why would just freak out like that?

zombie_juggernaut 27th July 2009 07:02 PM

oh and i didnt mean that my keyboad being wireless had anything to do with BSP not working right, I just meant it was nice to sit across the room and use it like a TV remote basically.

zombie_juggernaut 27th July 2009 07:19 PM

Even when i skip back or forward 5 seconds (at least i have control over that option now, that was somin that didnt work right b4 the update) it resizes, and just ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! this is so annoying, i shouldnt have to hit Shift+1 everytime i do basically anything i normally do. Id really appreciate it if anyone can make sense of this for me. Why doesnt it just work like a normal program.... how can it take like 12 hours for a preference change to take effect, if at all, what kind of messed up coding is that...