Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BS.Player Skins and Skinning

BS.Player Skins and Skinning Comments on skins, new ideas, skinmaker, skinmaker documentation, or anything else concerning BS.Player skins

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21st July 2004
BS.player Regular User

Eyael is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Upload preview with skin

Hi everyone !

Some of you may have seen my first skin ever called iCandy Junior (with permission of Foood's Icons) appears several times. Very weird. I wanted to upload a preview image with it but you can only select one file at a time. I thought the webmaster would understand the preview image wasn't meant to be featured as a standalone download but as part of the description page for the skin. :?

Could anyone tell me where I got wrong so that I don't make this mistake again. It's very confusing for everyone (uploaders and downloaders).

All the best
Old 21st July 2004
BS.player Regular User

Kordo is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont worry about the number of times you have uploaded the file. I have done it myself. Although I'm sure the webmaster would preffer to only have one file to deal with. Your skin will be posted in a few days, can take a week. The webmaster will run the skin for a few days to make sure it's ok before posting it.

If you want to include a preview do so by creating a zip file with the preview within it and post the zip. If you do not the webmaster will do a screen capture of it while he is running it and attach it to your details.

You may want to include versions with your file name. This will allow you to tell the webmaster which is the latest to be posted.

Hope this helps.
Old 24th July 2004
BS.player Regular User

Thank you Kordo for your quick answer. :D

I'm still a bit confused because my skin was put on the site for download almost immediately after uploading, so it's featured twice and the preview image is featured as a skin although it mentions "preview". Weird. If anybody reads this and wish to download my skin, please note that the lastest one is only a preview image.
Old 31st July 2004
BS.player Regular User

Default Sorted out

Hi !

It's all sorted out apparently. There's only one iCandy Junior skin on the download page now and you can see the preview. So ignore all previous posts. Maybe that's the proceeding when you upload skins?

All the best :D

Tags
preview, skin, upload