Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BSPlayer for Android

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16th June 2013
BS.Player Newbie

nickc is on a distinguished road
Default Integration with Android media importer?

Hi, The description in the Play Store refers to support for usb otg, eg nexus media importer, usb host controller etc. I have installed both the latter, but I can't see how to get bsplayer to work with either of them, or them to work with bs player. Using an unrooted nexus 10. I'm wanting to be able to play mp3 files directly from a usb stick connected to the tablet via an otg cable and using the player of my choice. I'd imagined it would be a breeze and can't understand why it's so difficult. I love my new nexus but this issue is really taking the shine off. I can browse and play the files in media importer, but can't find any option to choose or set a player. If I open bsplayer, I can't find a way to access the usb stick, even with media importer open. What am I missing?
Old 16th June 2013
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Search for external SD2 card. You should have a different TAB for each memory card feed to the tablet. SD1 it's usually the internal one, SD2 it's the USB stick.
On the other hand, a short touch on the media file should pop up a window asking to play the file by selecting a player.
In BSPlayer's options set MP3 as an assciated extension. Search android forum about how to do that.
Old 17th June 2013
BS.Player Newbie

nickc is on a distinguished road

Thanks for coming to my assistance. Please be kind enough to explain in a bit more detail. Where/how should I be searching for external sd2 card/tab? In the bsplayer interface? Nexus media importer? Somewhere else? The only way I can see the files on the usb stick is with nexus media importer, then, when I click on them they just start playing - no options for choosing a player. I've tried setting bsplayer as default audio and audio streaming app, but I've no way of seeing if it's actually being used to play the files: the UI in media importer hasn't changed from how it looked before I even installed bsplayer.

Tags
android, importer, integration, media, usb