Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BSPlayer for Android
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 9th October 2013
BS.Player Newbie

msage is on a distinguished road
Default LAN / Network random stop issue

Hi,

Overall I am very pleased with BSPlayer so much so I bought the pro version... however I have a very strange issue. If I play anything from a network share after about 15 mins it stops and goes back to the file list. Where I can then select the file and skip back to where I was, after another 15 (approximately) it happens again. I can replicate the issue regardless of if I am connected by wireless or LAN. I am connecting to a Windows 2012 server SMB file share. I also get this problem if I use a DNLA client to stream to BSPlayer, but not VLC.

The device is an HP Slate 21, BSPlayer version 1.10 build 161, Android version 4.2.2 (kernel version 3.4.35 (android-build@hp.com).)

I have high performance wifi mode turned on, I also have pre-buffering turned on, network buffer size set to large and an SMB timeout of 6 seconds. I have also turned off network detection as it doesn't appear to pick up my cabled connection.

I don't have this problem with other applications streaming from the same source, but I prefer the BSPlayer interface and its the only application I have purchased. BSPlayer is the only one I use for SMB fileshares.

Thanks

Michael
Old 14th May 2015
BS.Player Newbie

vastonsmith is on a distinguished road

What I experience exactly is:
- server settings get lost. I enter server address, user and pass and BSplayer forgets the settings till the next call.
- app crashes during thumbnail generation.
- clicking on the avi-file generates an error stating the it couldn't play the file.
- playing back audio files works ok, video doesn't.

Get fast success in cert killer JN0-102 and questions by using our 220-802 latest exam We also offer up-to-date www.usna.edu and answers for your prep

Last edited by vastonsmith; 10th June 2015 at 12:55 PM.

Tags
issue, lan, network, random, stop