Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   ATi+BS Player=Problem!!! (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=1111)

Amon_Ra 19th February 2003 04:19 PM

ATi+BS Player=Problem!!!

When I snap the picture to the TV[Secondary Display, I do it with Hydravision] screen becomes black, and I can't see no movie playing at the moment!
I have ATi Radeon VE, Catalyst 3.0, DirectX 8.1, ATi Hydravision, Rage3D Tweak, WinXP, and the latest version of the BS Player.

As I said when playing movie on tv I get nothing but black screen, there is sound... I can normaly watch movies on monitor but not on tv although Overlay mode is set to 1.

I beg all the members on this forum who have ATI cards to explain how did they set all the necessary settings.

I have no problems with RadLight player, but as I love BS I want to make it working!

Killa Beez 23rd February 2003 04:29 PM

I also have an ATI video card but its a Radeon 8500. ATI released new Catalyst 3.1 drivers so get those. I have DirectX 9.0. The Rage3D tweak could be a problem because it's only for Rage cards and Radeon cards.

Hmmm, I watch my movies on my monitor and I'm don't know anything about connecting a computer to a tv etc. The only reason I replied is to let you know that Directx 9.0 and Catalyst 3.1 are out.
Sorry.

xlv600 25th February 2003 03:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
It seems you forgot to enable Theater mode in the Overlay Tab of the Avanced Properties of your Desktop.
This feature enables you to copy the overlay surface full screen on TV and watch it windowed or even iconize the player on your desktop.
And the best is that you Desktop can keep it's own refresh setting.

In this case, TV is setup as a clone of your Desktop as Primary display.

Hydravision is not needed.

[I personnaly stick to catalyst v7.72 (powered by ATI), it's the last one that works with my Palit Radeon VE SDR64.
With later driver (now v7.81) my SB128 freezes when I watch a movie, maybe due to it's long PCI latency???.]

Amon_Ra 25th February 2003 04:25 PM

As sfirst I would like to thank both of you :!:

To xlv600 - I have already checked[enabled] theatre mode, but I can't set overlay adjustments.
I will download the same version of catalyst drivers[7.72] and try with those, it might help - I have the sam card as you.

Once again - many thanks :!: 8)

P.S. How did you manage to have theatre mode in Displays/Scheme?

xlv600 26th February 2003 12:33 AM

Did you download your driver from here?
"Build by" drivers don't work properly on OEM cards.

No, it's not a hidden feature you've missed, the "modÄ?le: Mode Th?©atre" is only the name I've given to this scheme, so that I can switch between schemes "PC only" and "PC+TV" with a simple key stroke.

I've only one monitor and the TV attached to the video card, the DVI connector is free. So I've not enabled the secondary display, and in BSplayer neither. TV is just a clone.

Beside the driver mismatch I can't figure out where the problem is.

Amon_Ra 26th February 2003 01:49 PM

I've downloaded from that page 7.72, here is the info:
Catalyst Version: 02.1
2D Version: 6.13.10.6094
Packaging Verion: 7.72-020524m-004274C-ATI

In those drivers there is Control Panel withn, I've installed it - did you?

I can play movies on tv now, but it seems much slower than it was before, like those drivers don't sute properly or something. When I enter the menu durig movie it stops for the moment and then continues to play...
When I turn on tv, I get kinda black line[about 3cm wide] at the bottom of the tv - is it normal?

I also have problem with subtitles in Overlay Mode 1 and 2 - I have subtitles on the monitor but not on tv?!
Once again I have WinXP, FFDShow, and the latest version of the BS Player.

XLV600 - thanks once again mate!!! :wink:

xlv600 2nd March 2003 11:10 PM

For subtitles I only use VobSub and it works perfectly on TV.

For TV display adjustement I have the same limitations on my PC/TV combination. I had to remove 2cm on width in order to keep a correct 4/3 ration. It's really a shame :cry: !
It has always been an issue with all my ATI cards and sadly there is no way to adjust the video signal on the TV set.

I've dld latest v7.83 ATI catalyst, and mey freezing issue remains. Back to 7.72. One day or the other, I'll have to invetigate the PCI bus of my ABIT KR7az, and switch some cards in order to see if it solves something.
New VIA hyperion could nothing for me and vLatency tool neither.

Nothing's perfect... :)

Amon_Ra 12th March 2003 07:48 PM

I have sorted all of my problems, I can now watch movies freely on my TV!

Many big thanks :D to u xlv600!!!

xlv600 12th March 2003 10:35 PM

U R welcome

Guga21 6th May 2003 09:28 AM

Subtitles in overlay....

First, i would like to thank you all, because i have the same problems as Amon_Ra... and i did what you told, and it worked...
but i still have the problems with subtitles...i just want to know, wath is Vobsub..is it a codec??- and where can i download it??

many thks.....
and sorry for my English... :wink:

Quietseb 6th May 2003 03:53 PM

vobsub is not a codec.

in fact what we call vobsub can alternatively be

1. Vobsub which is a utility that extract subtitle streams from the vobs found on a dvd. It produces two files (.sub and .idx). One of them eventually contains the subtitles as images (just like in the dvd), the other one has the timestamps to display the correct image at the correct time

2. DirectVobSub which is a subtitle display utility.
DirectVobSub is able to display subtitles created with vobsub as well as text-based subtitles.

What interests you here is DirectVobSub

both of them can be found on http://vobsub.edensrising.com

Kaljamahat 6th May 2003 09:54 PM

Does some know how could I enable tv-out and monitor like that I would be able to view video in both at the same time. I don't want use theater mode from Radeon setups because then I can't do anything else with PC than watch the movie.

Earlier I was able to do this with build 493. I had some problems and I had to reinstall Bsplayer and updated my Hercules Radeon 8500 drivers and now I am not able to do that anymore so it is possible. If I remember correctly short-cut key was D but if I use it now movie is played in my desktop.

Guga21 7th May 2003 01:41 PM

hi Kaljamahat,

if u don't want to use theatre mode, u have another option, but i think u loose a little of image quality...

do like this, in preferences of Bsplay, on video tab, enable the item Force RGB. However some movies turn up side down, but if u have Xvid the problem is resolved.. 8)

oh..., Quietseb tks....

Kaljamahat 7th May 2003 02:46 PM

Yes,

now it works, thanks!

My tv is so shitty that it doesn't matter that the quality might be little bit worse.

mo5star 11th August 2003 11:57 PM

What happens when TV set as Monitor 1

Ok ive read through a few of the message boards.

Ill give a quick intro into my problem. I use ATI RADEON 7000 series. with TV output. When i used an extended desktop with TV set as the second monitor, BS player will show blank when moved to this monitor. I have used other players which work fine when moved to play on the TV section. I have read that you can 'force RGB' but this makes very bad qualityvideo. Reading through the articles i thought it was overlay problem.

If you set the options to make the TV the primary monitor i.e monitor 1 with the extended desktop your original monitor then BS player will work fine. :?:

However this does not solve the problem of using the computer the same time as watching a movie....

Well if anyone figures out why it wokes with TV as primary monitor, but not as a secondary monitor then please let me know.

Happy Movie Watching! :?: :?: