Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Random problems with new release (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=12058)

kyzaac 28th February 2011 06:13 PM

Random problems with new release

bs player was working perfect, i formatted my pc a few weeks ago and downloaded the newest version, i updated to the 1051 yesterday, it fixed a few problems but not all. The only one that bothers me is the freezing, if theres a fix for the others thats a bonus.

-Randomly Freezes- i get the windows critical error sound repeatedly till i close bs player with task manager.

-Sound Problems- i have a hdmi cable hooked from pc to my tv, now it randomly switches back to the pc speakers, not a big issue, its just kind of annoying

-Random Shows When Opening- i am watching a tv series, and whenever i click on the next episode its starts playing something i watched a few days ago, or previously watched.

Ar_15 28th February 2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyzaac (Beitrag 44414)
-Randomly Freezes- i get the windows critical error sound repeatedly till i close bs player with task manager.

I'm getting this freezes too, usually at the end of what I'm watching
I've noticed this bug since I updated to version 2.57.1051

Tried changing the rendering mode but didn't work

Using Win 7 Ultimate x64 with ATI Catalyst 10.10

edit:
Don't know if it's relevant, but i'm using K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 6.90 too

kyzaac 28th February 2011 07:57 PM

im using basically the same, just a different version of ATI Catalyst 2009.0813.....

BSPeter 29th March 2011 12:36 AM

To both of you: I suppose you installed BS.Player with all its default settings (and also allowed BS.Player to internally install its preferred codecs/filters (internally meaning: for exclusive use by BS.Player only and not interfering with your system's codecs/filters) or ...?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ar_15 (Beitrag 44415)
...edit:
Don't know if it's relevant, but i'm using K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 6.90 too

I don't know if it's relevant either, but what I do know is that I've always and consistently advised against using codec packs! :eek:
(Bigger surely doesn't always mean better!!)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyzaac (Beitrag 44414)
....-Random Shows When Opening- i am watching a tv series, and whenever i click on the next episode its starts playing something i watched a few days ago, or previously watched.

Verify your settings under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Playlist
and click on "Repeat off" under
(rightclick >) Playback > Playback mode
:wink:

DragonFighter 29th May 2011 02:42 AM

I confirm that "Randomly Freezing" bug. It usually occurs towards the end or when trying to move backwards or forwards the movie.