Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 5th April 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Insolit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Script "Ocidental" not available :(((( ????

Pretty good player... though I noticed a few bugs.
The first is when I attempt to enter the other menu/options/preferences while playing a movie, many times it crashes.
Well but this issue can easily be avoided.
The major problem I have with Bsplayer is with the subtitles. This one only happens with this player, because with others like microDVD, vobsub or even with ffdshow, nothing wrong happens.
The problem is that words with "?§" or "~" are not correctly displayed. I'm using the font ARIAL and even have tried all the scripts available to choose, to correct this. But nothing worked.
I've spoken to portuguese folks like me, and they have an extra option in scripts that I don't have, "Ocidental". How can I have this script available??
Old 5th April 2003
BS.Player Power User

Quietseb is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The first is when I attempt to enter the other menu/options/preferences while playing a movie, many times it crashes
presumably you're using divx 5.03 or 5.04 with bsplayer 0.86.493 or previous.
This compatibility issue has been fixed with build 494

Quote:
they have an extra option in scripts that I don't have, "Ocidental".
does your Windows OS use your native language ? in english, "occidental" is translated to "western"
Old 5th April 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Insolit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thank you!!!!!!!1 :))))))))

Thank you for the help on the subtiltles.
Changing the script for Western, solved my problems with the portuguese subtitles. Thank you!!! :)))))))
Now about the crashing issue, it's true I have the divx 5.0.3 codec, but I also have the bsplayer build you mentioned.
Anyway I can't precise when the crash happens, sometimes it does others don't. But that's not a big problem, because that menu has options, that are used by default to all movies, so I only have to change it once.
Now there's only one thing left to make this player perfect and better than any player around internet, in my point of view of course. That thing would be including the 16:9 PAL DAR as I mentioned in the "sugestions" part of this forum.

Tags
ocidental, script