Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   BS Player does not start (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=1786)

Abe468 8th June 2003 08:32 PM

BS Player does not start

I believe i saw a previous thread in here where people were having similar problems, except I think it was for previous version. I am a first time user of this, so I don't know anything about it, but I installed the latest BSplayer offered on the site and when I double click on the BSPlayer icon nothing happens. I push ctrl+alt+delete and it shows bplay running in the background, but nothing shows up on my screen. Any help? The previous thread i saw was: http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic....23361161501378 I didn't quite understand it and what debug mode is, but maybe you can help me with this? I did actually try installing this b4 but it had the same problem so I uninstalled it. I think that was a month ago. Around the same time I think I tried zoomplayer with the exact same problem. I am running Win98SE, 733 mhz..if you need any other specs, tell me and I'll post em.

Abe468 21st June 2003 07:13 AM

I just wanted to bring this thread back alive, because nobody had replied. Anybody know how to help me with this at all? I noticed there are a few others with similar problems when searching the boards, but none of them had found a real solution. Any help plz!?

adicoto 21st June 2003 08:52 PM

DEbug mode is a version who generates logs.
See the 494 version.
Have you tryed to press the "H" key to unhide the player ? Maybe, somehow it hides itself ?

Abe468 22nd June 2003 06:27 AM

Pushing H doesn't do anything. I just tried it. When I push alt and tab down, it doesn't show as one of the programs either. It just shows up on task manager as Bplay. Nothing else. I am gonna look into the debug mode.

simon 23rd June 2003 04:49 PM

Do you have installed Norton Antivirus?, turn off "Auto-Protect" and BSplayer will start.

adicoto 23rd June 2003 05:38 PM

I have Norton Antivirus, autoprotect enabled but BsPlayer Works OK.

simon 23rd June 2003 06:42 PM

I had installed W98 & Norton antivirus, and bsplayer not started while NAV was working, a day i turn off Autoprotect an Bsplayer started. Now, i have installed W2K and i have not any problem in start bsplayer with NAV

PD I am sorry, but my english is very bad :oops:

dunno 24th June 2003 05:06 PM

Same Problem

Just to keep this thread alive as well. I have this problem as well. I had originally installed this and it worked fine. Then my system hard drive crashed necessitating a reformatting and reinstallation of all my programs. However, BSplayer did not initially work. Then I installed a few more of my original programs and then it worked. Unfortunately, I have had another crash of my system requiring yet another reformate and reinstallation. Now the BSplayer is no longer working again. I don't know which program I installed to set the conditions right to get this program working again. I have Windows 98SE. Installation isn't a problem. I just can't get it to start up. All I see on the Ctrl+Alt+Del window is "Bplay". I have had the opportunity to use this program and really like it above all the others that I have tried. I would really love to use this program again.

Abe468 26th June 2003 02:04 AM

Hmm, I am going to try this now. That may very well be the problem. I'll disable auto-protect and try it after I reinstall bsplayer. Thanks for the info Simon!

Abe468 26th June 2003 03:06 AM

Hey Simon, I just tried it out and I am still having the same problem. When you say turn off auto-protect, do you mean stop it from starting up or do you mean I need to right click on the icon in the lower right hand corner and click on Disable Auto Protect? I did the second way and I still have the same problem with it.

bst 26th June 2003 07:02 AM

Please download debug build 499 and send me log file.

Nemo Nowan 27th June 2003 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bst
Please download debug build 499 and send me log file.

I have the same problem. I downloaded debug 499 and
tried it, but it didnt even manage to generate a log
(it crashes too early, maybe?)

OTH, debug version 493 worked fine in win98, but
the "normal" version 493 didn't.

NN

dunno 27th June 2003 08:53 PM

Where would the log file be generated

I have the same problem as stated in the above posts. I have downloaded the debug version and I can not seem the locate the log file. Where would the log file be generated? In the same folder? If so, then there isn't a log file generated with this particular problem. Thanks for the help.

JTHawK#2 27th June 2003 09:18 PM

Re: Where would the log file be generated

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunno
I have the same problem as stated in the above posts. I have downloaded the debug version and I can not seem the locate the log file. Where would the log file be generated? In the same folder? If so, then there isn't a log file generated with this particular problem. Thanks for the help.

file will be created in bsplayer directory where bsplay.exe is located .. named "bsplayer.log"

dunno 28th June 2003 04:16 PM

If that is the case...

If the log file is supposed to be in the BSPlayer file, then the stall occurs before any log file can be generated. I see that someone else has noted the same thing. If the player gets hung up prior to starting and prior to the ability to create a log file and still appears on the list of programs running when using Ctrl+Alt+Del, what could be the problem with Windows 98SE that would do this to a program?

simon 28th June 2003 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe468
Hey Simon, I just tried it out and I am still having the same problem. When you say turn off auto-protect, do you mean stop it from starting up or do you mean I need to right click on the icon in the lower right hand corner and click on Disable Auto Protect? I did the second way and I still have the same problem with it.

I said to right click on the icon and click on Disable Auto Protect, but i see that it is not your problem :roll:

bst 28th June 2003 04:57 PM

Please download debug build under nightly builds. It should show something in log file now.

Abe468 28th June 2003 07:01 PM

So all I do is use the latest version of bsplayer and then copy the exe and dll file from the latest nightly debug build to the bsplayer directory to use the debug version? Then I find the log somewhere in the bsplayer directory and post it in an attachment so you can take a look at it?

bst 28th June 2003 07:09 PM

Yes.

bst 29th June 2003 11:01 AM

Please download latest debug build, previous would create first part of log file in wrong directory.