Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Build 807 skin bug (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=4157)

Noldster 5th March 2004 10:31 PM

Build 807 skin bug

every time i restart my computer the skin that i choose (Showtime v1.4 PH) reverts back to base skin.

Mkone 6th March 2004 08:38 AM

same problem here

outlaw 16th March 2004 12:02 PM

same here, default skin keeps popping up :(

bugreporter 20th March 2004 12:05 PM

With me, it's not only the skin but every setting, that is reset to default after several program-starts, not just rebooting, like language, subtitles. I tried the installer and the .zip . Besides, the alternative skin that I ('d like to) use is this old green base one. I believe I downloaded it here under skins, although as belonging to build 803. Now, it's nowhere to be found (or I just missed it). Is this an attempt to eradicate it? I wish it came at least along with each new release.

Mkone 21st March 2004 07:57 AM

same problems here

skin always changes to base skin, language changes to english

trodas 21st March 2004 11:28 AM

I created my own skin, based on one small nice one and this working well my build 807 w/o a glitch... :wink:

http://clas.host.sk/xr4y.bsz

However the ugly problem when one with 5+1 repro and AC3 filter pause movie with AC3 stream are back there, damn :twisted:
Anyone can PM me location where i can DL build 806, that did not have this glitch? Thanks very very much!!! :oops:

Mkone 28th March 2004 03:27 PM

just delete all those skins that you dont use then it should not go back to base skin

xlv600 29th March 2004 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trodas
Anyone can PM me location where i can DL build 806, that did not have this glitch? Thanks very very much!!! :oops:

Trodas what's this newbie request??? :twisted:
:arrow: dvd.box.sk

BigDaddy 31st March 2004 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugreporter
With me, it's not only the skin but every setting, that is reset to default after several program-starts, not just rebooting, like language, subtitles. I tried the installer and the .zip . Besides, the alternative skin that I ('d like to) use is this old green base one. I believe I downloaded it here under skins, although as belonging to build 803. Now, it's nowhere to be found (or I just missed it). Is this an attempt to eradicate it? I wish it came at least along with each new release.

LIKEWISE

Any fix to that yet?

BigDaddy 2nd April 2004 11:02 PM

So no one figured out a fix yet?

bugreporter 3rd April 2004 12:02 AM

Deleting (like suggested above) all spare stuff did not help me. After a while it did change back to former skin and language. Then I tried hiding and copyprotecting all files, and so far it looks like a capable detour.

BSPeter 3rd April 2004 10:45 PM

No problem here whatsoever! Using Win-Me. Will check on my son's PC which runs XP.
Would be interesting to know which Win-versions you all are using.
Unfortunately no-one thought of mentioning it.
It seems to me as if its a Windows access-rights problem.
Could you also check in BSPlayer's installation folder the properties of the file BSPlayer.xml (which should NOT be "read-only"). It is in that file that BSPlayer stores its various settings (such as i.a. skin used).
:wink:

BigDaddy 4th April 2004 12:00 AM

I'm using WinXP SP1

For me usually BSPLAYER works OK!! But sometimes when it starts it just restores to default settings!!!

Are there any word from developers for a possible HOT-FIX?

bugreporter 5th April 2004 12:42 PM

Quote:

No problem here whatsoever! Using Win-Me. Will check on my son's PC which runs XP.
Would be interesting to know which Win-versions you all are using.
Unfortunately no-one thought of mentioning it.
It seems to me as if its a Windows access-rights problem.
Could you also check in BSPlayer's installation folder the properties of the file BSPlayer.xml (which should NOT be "read-only"). It is in that file that BSPlayer stores its various settings (such as i.a. skin used).
Also running on Win XP SP 1.
True, if you write protect you can still change settings, but they won't be permanently saved, i.e. after reopening bsplayer they will be lost and you'd have to arrange them again. Of course you can lift the protection for a second and store these changes, too.

I prefer the non-installer btw, even though sometimes this leads to programs not being accepted as standard file opener. Like now. Guess, a complete overhaul is overdue by now :)

JamPS 15th April 2004 09:46 PM

Same problem here.
Win xp sp1 + latest patches, .xml file not write-protected.
Now I tried deleting all other skins, let's see...

Walker_CZ 17th April 2004 11:44 AM

TIP :-)

I had same problem. I gave attribute (Only read) for file "BSPlayer.xml" after my settings and now its working fine. :-) Sry my english. :-)

JamPS 19th April 2004 11:39 AM

Ok, deleting all other skins didn't help.
I wonder where it stores the default skin then...
Now I'll try making that .xml read only :I

BigDaddy 19th April 2004 09:17 PM

But shouldn't it be time for a BUILD 808 by now? I mean it's been awhile since BUILD 807!!!

BSPeter 19th April 2004 10:56 PM

@BigDaddy
Your wish was already fullfilled before you utterred it!
http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?p=13116#13116
:wink:

bxxxb 28th April 2004 04:46 PM

this happens only when i play films from same drive(in my case C)where bs player(C:Program Files/Webteh...) is also installed.i dont have this problem when i play films from D or E drive....