Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Weird bug with 2 cds movies & vobsub subtitles (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=488)

Loul 25th September 2002 10:22 PM

Weird bug with 2 cds movies & vobsub subtitles

I've made a 2 cd divx of the godfather II.
As there are problems with bsplayer finding the 2nd cd on request, I put two subtitles files per cd : one with the same name of the avi with only the subs needed for the avi on the cd and on with the whole subtitles.

I designed properly the bsi files (with the startime option).

Now the funny thing is that when I play the movie on my hard drive with all files in the same folder, the movie start with the vobsub subtitles on (I choosed DefaultSub=0 ( Turn off subtitles) ) but when the next avi starts automatically the vobsub subtitles are switched off (that I can understand though it's a flaw as the avi is not directly launched) and the bsplayer subtitles are suddenly turned on !?! (though I also put DefaultSub=0 on the second bsi file).

Weird, weird, weird...

If only bsiplayer could handle those multi cds subtitles well...

grauer_pilger 5th February 2003 05:29 PM

I´ve got exactly the same problem and tried EVERYTHING to solve it.
Only thing that worked for me is to create a dummy-subtitle-file which is activated by default.
This file only contains:

00:00:00,000 --> 00:00:00,000

and the subtitles section of both .bsi looks like this (different StartTimes of course):

[Subtitles]

Directory=.
DefaultSub=3
StartTime = 00:00:00
Sub1=English|some_movie_e.srt
Sub2=German|some_movie_g.srt
Sub3=disabled|d.srt

Not a "clean" way in my eyes but at least it´s working.
Would be nice if this bug could be fixed soon.

Greetings

Caleb 25th April 2003 10:28 AM

I have encountered this bug too, with *.SUB format of the subtitles... I still have to try on other computers to confirm it is not a problem of my computer.

Anyway, grauer_pilger, thanks for that workaround.

Quietseb 26th April 2003 02:19 PM

Quote:

As there are problems with bsplayer finding the 2nd cd on request
Matimott pointed out one day that the bsi files must have exactly the same name on the two CDs
That solved the problem for me

cd1:
mymovie.bsi
mymovie-part1.avi
mymovie.srt

cd2:
mymovie.bsi
mymovie-part2.avi
mymovie.srt

Caleb 13th May 2003 12:07 PM

So, I have finally tested that bug on the other computers - result was always the same. I have tried every reasonable combination of BSI commands and subtitle file format but the bug described by Loul is always present...

bimmerogeva 17th April 2004 02:11 AM

Re: Weird bug with 2 cds movies & vobsub subtitles

[quote="Loul"]I've made a 2 cd divx of the godfather II.
As there are problems with bsplayer finding the 2nd cd on request, I put two subtitles files per cd : one with the same name of the avi with only the subs needed for the avi on the cd and on with the whole subtitles.

I designed properly the bsi files (with the startime option).

Now the funny thing is that when I play the movie on my hard drive with all files in the same folder, the movie start with the vobsub subtitles on (I choosed DefaultSub=0 ( Turn off subtitles) ) but when the next avi starts automatically the vobsub subtitles are switched off (that I can understand though it's a flaw as the avi is not directly launched) and the bsplayer subtitles are suddenly turned on !?! (though I also put DefaultSub=0 on the second bsi file).

Weird, weird, weird...

If only bsiplayer could handle those multi cds subtitles well..

neviden 22nd April 2004 02:02 PM

Shouldn't default setings for multiple subtitles be somethnig like this:

movie-part1.avi
movie-part1.eng.sub
movie-part1.sometnigelse.sub

movie-part2.avi
movie-part2.eng.sub
movie-part2.sometnigelse.sub

And.. if you select something else on cd1, it should automaticly find somethingelse on cd2 ? (it doesn't - it defaults to first found. in this case eng)