Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/index.php)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   No more seeking with asf files after upgrading to wmp 9 (http://forum.bsplayer.com/showthread.php?t=5722)

trodas 3rd December 2004 07:16 PM

The solution is quite simple - get rid of the M$ crap.
It this did not help, reinstall windows will.

I can't believe that any BSplayer user could even try the M$ player... :shock:

ritapas 5th December 2004 09:04 PM

Well... isn't windows itself a crappy product of Microsoft's?

ritapas 10th December 2004 08:15 PM

just for talking...

...i needed media player for using technisat dvb viewer :(

adicoto 12th December 2004 05:21 PM

Do you use Linux ?
Then why do you criticize win ? I don't like it too much either, but if you find something better, let me know. :lol:

ritapas 13th December 2004 08:06 PM

well, i don't think windows is a best choice for "corporate use": too many places to look for problems, too many windows to open/close to obtain a single configuration change, too big lack of deterministic behaviour... in spite of their "rough" appearance *nix systems are far more easy to mantain.
But i still consider windows the best os for gaming and entertainment. This is why i use it. And if you use it, you may need to "follow its rule", i.e. update it when requested by new software you may need to use.
I didn't mean to criticize windows itself, but to point out that maybe it's a paradox, blaming wmp9 and suggesting to reinstall windows at the same time. If you don't like microsoft there's plenty of choice!

adicoto 13th December 2004 09:26 PM

Sorry, but I don't think that a reinstall is always usefull. I also use windows, and I have some knowledge about it. I don't use WMP, I don't like it. Gues which is my favourite ..Player ?

ritapas 13th December 2004 09:58 PM

the same as mine, i think. That's why i'd have liked to fix it :(

adicoto 13th December 2004 11:39 PM

One last ideea:

Install (or reinstall if it is installed) DirectX 9.0c
This is the one I have, and asf still working OK.
Let me see if I find a WMV file to play.
I'll come back.

ritapas 13th December 2004 11:41 PM

you mean that you can seek asf files??? great. I'll try as soon as possible

ritapas 14th December 2004 02:01 AM

i realized that i had directx 9b installed... so upgraded to 9c. Strange i didn't notice it before.
Anyway, did not work either. I'll have to think harder about this. The fact is that old media player still can seek asf files. This makes me think that bsplayer automatically switched to wmp9 codecs as soon as it found them installed; and now doesn't seem willing to give them up!

adicoto 14th December 2004 04:53 AM

:lol: I also have WMP9 codecs installed.
I will install WMP10.
Let's see what's happening.

ritapas 14th December 2004 01:59 PM

well, i have windows 2000 so there should not be a version 10 for wmp: so you are able to seek asf as well as wvm files with bsplayer? I have two pcs now and none of them does...